Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/gets out garlic and wooden stake/

WON'T these threads DIE already....YES we've seen them before and we'll see them again...Knockoffs from Asia are constantly being made we get it....

Theaser

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2008
DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/gets out garlic and wooden stake/

WON'T these threads DIE already....YES we've seen them before and we'll see them again...Knockoffs from Asia are constantly being made we get it....

Calm down, they are just sharing photos of fake iPhones and I enjoy looking at them. It's not like a guy unknowingly posts speculation of what an iPhone Nano would be like. If you don't like them, don't click on them.

Snakker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Landscape view of keyboard for Windows Mobile

Video:
http://jackstoys.multiply.com/video/item/4/Cool_Keyboard_for_the_daxian_T32

Product:
http://pocketcm.com/

hrg3d3.png

MrGiver: I find the knockoffs from Asia topic fascinating. They are adding so many ideas to the phones like TV, front cameras, triple sim cards. If you dont like the topic, simply dont read it, but dont be such an internet troll. (wink)

Theaser

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2008
Landscape view of keyboard for Windows Mobile

Video:
http://jackstoys.multiply.com/video/item/4/Cool_Keyboard_for_the_daxian_T32

Product:
http://pocketcm.com/

hrg3d3.png

MrGiver: I find the knockoffs from Asia topic fascinating. They are adding so many ideas to the phones like TV, front cameras, triple sim cards. If you dont like the topic, simply dont read it, but dont be such an internet troll. (wink)

And some of the knockoffs are actually better than the real products itself. ;)

iSaygoodbye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2009
a boat
i would realy think hard before buying this becuase ive heard that after a couple weeks/days they break and since its from china no one to fix it

Martin Finch

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2009
Haha, I love it, welcome to China. That happens all the time here. I'm sure I heard of a phone out called myPhone. And also heard of a knock off of the wii called the vii. Don't even get me started on clothes, I'll he here all night :D

goosnarrggh

macrumors 68000
May 16, 2006
i would realy think hard before buying this becuase ive heard that after a couple weeks/days they break and since its from china no one to fix it

Another popular scam is to use a tiny Flash storage chip (say, a few dozen MB) but format it with the signature of a multi-GB filesystem to make it look like it has more space available than it really does.

It even seems to work OK at first, at least until the first time the OS tries to write to one of the Flash pages that isn't really there...

JDee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Ireland
Are Apple not liable to sue these people for infringing their copyright laws or by cloning their products - it's patented, isn't it?

And the iPhone name is patented, so why are they allowed to use that aswell? :S

Cakester

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2009
Columbus
Are Apple not liable to sue these people for infringing their copyright laws or by cloning their products - it's patented, isn't it?

And the iPhone name is patented, so why are they allowed to use that aswell? :S

The patent is good in the US, not in China.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US

I realize this has nothing to do with the subject, so sorry for the hijack. WHY do people consistenly treat Apple as a plural? ARE Apple liable? How grammatically horrible does that sound? Yes, I realize it's a company. Yes, it's comprised of more than one person. So is Best Buy. So is Starbucks. Do you walk past one of these stores, turn to your friend, and say "Hey, I wonder if Best Buy are open. I'd like to check out the iPhone." or "Boy I'm thirsty! I wonder if Starbucks are open!".

NO!

kdarling

macrumors P6
I realize this has nothing to do with the subject, so sorry for the hijack. WHY do people consistenly treat Apple as a plural? ARE Apple liable? How grammatically horrible does that sound? Yes, I realize it's a company. ...

The internet is global. Which means what passes for English in your part of the world, doesn't necessarily make it correct everywhere.

In the UK, it's very common to use companies and organizations in the plural, as they are collections of people.

If you checked, you'd have noticed that the poster is from there.

Now you know :)

JDee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Ireland
I realize this has nothing to do with the subject, so sorry for the hijack. WHY do people consistenly treat Apple as a plural? ARE Apple liable? How grammatically horrible does that sound? Yes, I realize it's a company. Yes, it's comprised of more than one person. So is Best Buy. So is Starbucks. Do you walk past one of these stores, turn to your friend, and say "Hey, I wonder if Best Buy are open. I'd like to check out the iPhone." or "Boy I'm thirsty! I wonder if Starbucks are open!".

NO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNPURLe5e6M&feature=related

Is that you?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
Wow with this phone out and looking just like the iphone I wonder if it works the same way. If so why doesn't apple sue them and leave palm alone.. Looks like apple has more to lose with these little phones...

James

prettyboy

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2009
KA08-BLACK_1.gif

I just found this mini iphone is beautiful to from caltechmall.com

MP4%20Player%20with%20Camera-4GB-1_03.gif

Also see this mp4 is good too,with the camera.Lol....:D

greygray

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
From China? All the fake stuff come from there anyway, you name it, you have it. :rolleyes:

#Whatsnew#

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
From China? All the fake stuff come from there anyway, you name it, you have it. :rolleyes:

#Whatsnew#
So does the "real stuff." Probably more than half of what you own comes from China ..... and, as I am sure you know, even your iPhone.

Disclaimer: Please do not put your iPhone in your mouth, you might get lead poisoning. :D

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Note that even Chinese knockoff scamsters won't put the antenna on the outside.:p

TruckdriverSean

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2009
Texas, US
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

asleep said:
Note that even Chinese knockoff scamsters won't put the antenna on the outside.:p

Note: This thread (and corresponding iPhoneyMini) was from early 2009.

But on that note, I kinda love these old threads, as they can be greatly insightful. Sometimes they show ideas that were ahead of their time, and other times, they show ideas that were luckily never taken up.

How about a smaller iPad too! That'll sell! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.