Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatGirl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
California
Hi,
I was wondering if someone would tell me how I can remove the outer case of my MacBook so I can check the DVD Superdrive alignment. For some reason, the DVDs are very hard to put in, and now won't eject at all. We are thinking the whole thing got jostled and possibly the DVD drive is just out of alignment. I just don't know how to get the case off to check. There is no longer a warranty on the computer.

Thanks!

eman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2007
In the great white north
There's no adjustment for the DVD drive and it is fastened down by small screws. Check the outside of the macbook case above the optical drive. Sometimes the case above the optical drive can get crushed down a little. The side of the case, just above the optical drive is a weak point in the case. You may only need to use a screwdriver and try to pull the case up slightly above the optical slot.

ubercool

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2008
Las Vegas
I need to replace my DVD drive too. It makes a lot of noise sometimes and typically will not read program disks. Does anyone offer a service where I can send/take my MacBook? The Fixit Guide instructions look daunting! :eek:

saig

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2009
update from Apple for Tiger screw up my macbook

Few weeks after update from Apple for Tiger screws up my macbook. HD crashed, optical drive stopped reading disks. Shame on Apple. People looking for update watch out!

Totally disappointed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.