Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bunsonburner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
I lost my iphone....:(
Is there any way to recover the photo from my itunes backup on pc?
THX

amy-is-good

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2009
ummmm backup does NOT back up your media. so dont bother with the person who linked that post. he/she doesnt know what they're talking about.

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
ummmm backup does NOT back up your media. so dont bother with the person who linked that post. he/she doesnt know what they're talking about.
I do know what I'm talking about.

The backup does include pictures from your camera roll. It does not however include pictures synced from iPhoto.

The OP didn't specify, so my suggestion is valid.

amy-is-bad :p

bunsonburner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
I do know what I'm talking about.

The backup does include pictures from your camera roll. It does not however include pictures synced from iPhoto.

The OP didn't specify, so my suggestion is valid.

amy-is-bad :p

Actually I extracted all the camera roll's photo from my itunes backup using the method dZp provided.
So, thanks dZp again.

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
^ I'm glad it all worked out.

Oh! look... amy-is-banned.
:)

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
The normal method given by Apple Discussion is to recover from iTunes by connecting your iPhone to iTunes. Since your iPhone is lost, so this method does not work. However, as I know, there are some third party data recovery software can help those lose their iPhone. If your photos are precious, I suggest to recover through iPhone data recovery software. If your photos are insignificant. There is no necessary.

The problem was solved 5½ years ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.