Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pam H

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
My iDVD has always worked perfect, and I have done several DVDs

Recently it has been ejecting the disc before it is done burning.

During the multiplexing & burning process, when it has about 1 minute to go, it ejects the disc, and the computer still reads that it is finishing.

Please help

Pam H

CaptainChunk

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Are you using the same brand of media as you usually do on this burn? That might sound like an odd question, but sometimes certain drives don't work well with certain brands of media.

I had a drive in a dual G5 that was really picky like that.

ahunt01

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2009
Wisconsin
I'm having the same problem. Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I wanted to know the answer. Speaking for myself, I know the problem is not the media because my projects burn when I use High Quality. Problem is, I want to use Pro quality since my movie is only like 77 mins long.

Grasbak

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2006
UK
Burn Disk Image First

I always found it useful to burn a disc image rather than direct from iDVD.

You wont then fail because of the DVD. You then burn the image to the DVD.

Just means you dont have to go through the slow conversion process again.

I realise this doesnt answer your question but thought it was useful.

caitlin3

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2009
iDVD

Wow, i just upgraded to the latest iDVD and what a pain in the neck. I've never had so much trouble in my life. I feel like throwing my iMAC out the window and that's the first time I've said that! Nothing about it is going smoothly, won't burn my DVD's, won't change the music when I drop another selection...I could go on and on. Anyone else out there as frustrated as i am? I've been using iDVD for over a year and suddenly, it won't play any more.
Caitlin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.