Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sporkzeus

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2008
After some searching I figured out how to solve this (at least for me). I, by habit, usually lower brush spacing to 1%. Upping this to 5% (or maybe large depending on your computer) made a complete difference, and I noticed no more lag on fast strokes with larger brushes..

TLDR: Up your brush spacing

alanthonyc

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2008
Reviving this Thread

I'm so glad I found this thread, if nothing else, at least I know I'm not the only one with problems.

Anyway, I'm getting the pen lag issue also, but not with Photoshop CS.

I have Photoshop Expressions, and it works fine. The Gimp also works when I use a smaller brush size, but the bigger brushes lag. At least it has a second cursor to indicate where the drawing is taking place, so I can see how far back the lag is happening.

I'm getting it really bad on Manga Studio Debut, however. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Wacom driver as well as MS.

The crazy thing is, this is happening on my NEW MBP. I maxed it out, 2.8 cpu, 4 gigs RAM. On my old MBP, I have no problems with Manga Studio.

Someone please help!!! I tried the "Double-Click Distance" trick and couldn't find the com file that someone else was referring to.

:confused: :confused:

zerozen

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2008
CS lag

i've been having problems with photoshop cs having a brush lag, but only on my iMac. i'm using a TooyaPro tablet, and the lag is fairly noticeable. any suggestions?

nss.aries

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2009
Hi guys, i'm having trouble with wacom and photoshop CS3 too.

I've got a Wacom Intuos 3 A4 tablet (USB) and a macbook (intel core duo 2ghz, 2gb ram, chipset GMA 950) and there's always some lag between strokes. I tried to change the double click sensibility and the brush "distance", but the lag it's the same. I cannot try the lag on CS2, but with Painter there's no lag with medium-size brushes. How can I fix this problem?

nss.aries

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2009
A little update: it works much better if you change the "cursor" (under Photoshop Preferences) to "standard", not perfect but works fine.

neeknaam

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2009
pen lag on SMART/Sympodium

I faced this lag problem on a tablet (ID-250 and ID-350) used in educational settings sold by SMART and named Sympodium. You simply could not write the alphabet on this tablet. There was a really long lag. You had to write as slow as a first grader for the tablet to follow the pen. It turned that the default setting could be changed to cure the problem. The "radius of influence of mouse" had to be small for the pen to work. Then that means the mouse has to be really right on something for you to click it. It looks like a conflict between functioning of the mouse and the pen. In this case the conflict has to be resolved in favor of the pen for the tablet to work as expected.

Now I am having the same problem with Hitachi StarBoard T-17SXL. And I have not been able to solve the problem yet.

plastik

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2009
Werked for me

I changed the memory usage settings in photoshop and it fixed the problem for me. I have an imac intel core2duo 1gb RAM Photoshop CS2, wacom intuos3. Heres what u do, werked for me:
Photoshop>preferences>memory and image cache>memory usage>max used by photoshop...I bumped that up from 70%-95% and it took care of the lag.
There's still a slight lag with quick sucessive strokes but nothing too annoying. Hope that helps
-em

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.