Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TJisYeah

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
yes mewseek pro is awesome you can download music directly to the default ipod player. and the music is transferable to your itunes library..

its 7$ to register for unlimited music downloads.

you can download 15 songs for free before the registration is required. but you can Stream music for free all times.

or you can add xsellize repo and get mewseek for free.

i paid but its awesome..

Tokiopop

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
Why do you tell us where we can get it free, but not where we get it paid? And then why do you tell us that you paid for it? ;)

But I'm not sure how it works... You can put your music from the computer onto your iPhone without syncing? :confused:

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Why do you tell us where we can get it free, but not where we get it paid? And then why do you tell us that you paid for it? ;)

But I'm not sure how it works... You can put your music from the computer onto your iPhone without syncing? :confused:

You download the music on your phone, then when you plug into iTunes it syncs back into your library. Same as when you buy from the iTunes store.

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
yes mewseek pro is awesome you can download music directly to the default ipod player. and the music is transferable to your itunes library..

its 7$ to register for unlimited music downloads.

you can download 15 songs for free before the registration is required. but you can Stream music for free all times.

or you can add xsellize repo and get mewseek for free.

i paid but its awesome..

Whats the differance between mewseek and mewseek pro?

SHAWNYMAC

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2008
JERSEY SHORE
i have the pro version but i could not find the free version app.....its kinda kool.....but rather not pay 7$ ya i squeak when i walk....:p

GCmini

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
Chino Hills
I sure hope it's legal. Cuz I downloaded it. Hahaha. It works awesome with pandora. You can bookmark songs in pandora. Then get them with mewseek. It's pretty legit.

jcde7ago

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
San Francisco, CA
You download the music on your phone, then when you plug into iTunes it syncs back into your library. Same as when you buy from the iTunes store.

This is not true. In many ways, MewSeek Pro is really a huge scam in the sense that it works like dTunes, which downloads songs off of SeeqPod. The main selling point of MewSeek Pro is the ability to import downloaded songs directly to Mobile Music Player, however it doesn't come without some shortfalls.

One, if you import songs you downloaded, it immediately screws up the arrangement of your songs in your library. For example, if you open your iPod app and browse your music via songs/artists/albums, you'll notice that some songs that begin with, say, the letter "R" are mixed in with some songs in the letter "S."

Also, when re-syncing with your iTunes, iTunes deletes all of the downloaded songs that you had imported into your library. You would have to keep using MewSeek to re-import them each time you sync with your iTunes. Essentially, this defeats the purpose of this potentially awesome feature, as you pretty much still have to SSH into your phone to copy your downloaded (ahem, legal, non-copyrighted ;)) songs into your iTunes library, which in the end makes MewSeek Pro no different than its predecessor or dTunes for that matter.

Until these issues are fixed, there is no way I could justify paying $7.00 for this...great progress, but i'd stick to MewSeek 1 and dTunes (which even does torrents) for now.

TJisYeah

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
ok You get the paid version. by hitting register when you open the app.

you get the free version from xsellize repo.

the difference between mewseek and mewseek pro is mewseek you download music then you have download pwnplayer to be able to play the downloaded music from mewseek..

Mewseek Pro when you download music you it goes directly to your ipod. and it you can transfer your downloads from pro to your itunes library on your computer.

you cant do this with dtunes or mewseek.

i personally like mewseek pro compaired to dtunes or mewseek

koollectablz

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
Just tried this, downloaded an animals track to test it - worked.

Then tried 'Ant Music', transferred it to ipod. Went into ipod - no content at all, thats 14 gig music gone.

Rebooted - no content.

Tried to sync with itunes. iPhone not recognised.

All I can do is restore - s'pose it serves me right for trying an Adam and the Ants track!

Good job my last backup was yesterday.

This app sux!

jcde7ago

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
San Francisco, CA
ok You get the paid version. by hitting register when you open the app.

you get the free version from xsellize repo.

the difference between mewseek and mewseek pro is mewseek you download music then you have download pwnplayer to be able to play the downloaded music from mewseek..

Mewseek Pro when you download music you it goes directly to your ipod. and it you can transfer your downloads from pro to your itunes library on your computer.

you cant do this with dtunes or mewseek.

i personally like mewseek pro compaired to dtunes or mewseek

You need to read my post above you, you CANNOT TRANSFER DOWNLOADS FROM PRO TO YOUR LIBRARY. DOWNLOADED SONGS ARE DELETED BY ITUNES!

jcde7ago

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Just tried this, downloaded an animals track to test it - worked.

Then tried 'Ant Music', transferred it to ipod. Went into ipod - no content at all, thats 14 gig music gone.

Rebooted - no content.

Tried to sync with itunes. iPhone not recognised.

All I can do is restore - s'pose it serves me right for trying an Adam and the Ants track!

Good job my last backup was yesterday.

This app sux!

Would you mind posting your specs? I saw someone else have this same issue on a different forum, let's try to figure out what's causing this (he had to restore as well).

Also, are you using the legit, trial version, or "another" version with unlimited downloads ;) ?

koollectablz

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
iPhone 3g 16g. O2-UK. JB running SBSettings, no themes, no winterboard, no cracked apps.

Other unlimited version - no way I'm paying for something that isn't 'legal' anyway.

jcde7ago

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
San Francisco, CA
iPhone 3g 16g. O2-UK. JB running SBSettings, no themes, no winterboard, no cracked apps.

Other unlimited version - no way I'm paying for something that isn't 'legal' anyway.

Well that makes it two people having to restore after using the import feature of the "other unlimited" version. I had no problems importing using the trail version from Cydia...so perhaps the "other" version is flawed?

EDIT: make it 3 people now having their libraries erased/having to restore using the "other" version, all across 3 different forums. I would stay away from MewSeek Pro unless you're taking it straight off the BigBoss repo from Cydia for now...any other versions might have flaws in them.

rustybud93

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2009
yeah this app is wierd

and to u obama lovers heres a quote for u

2008/2009- 53% voted for billions of dollars wasted, 46% voted to keep the country safe

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.