Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkimbro0316

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Central Florida
Hi everyone,

Before anyone says anything, I did a search on the forums but I couldn't find anything about this in the forums.

I've been trying to jailbreak my iPhone 3G 2.2.1 firmware, but every time it gets past DFU mode and it's being modified by QuickPwn, it's stuck on the boot logo and won't get past the Apple logo. It'll keep on the Apple logo and vibrate twice every so often.

Have I done anything wrong with the jailbreak? I would really like to be able to jailbreak so I can have certain features that aren't yet available with the stock firmware. If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

jkimbro0316

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Central Florida
I've already tried that. When I tried to jailbreak my phone again, it'd do the same thing. This is the third time in a row that I've tried this and all I get is the same result.

jw12345678

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
UK
return iphone in itunes to as new "out of box" iphone condition without any music apps etc. (by reinstalling/restoring in itunes)
Now jailbreak and then restore all your stuff back to the iphone from an earlier backup.

I could never get mine to jailbreak with anything installed on it either... has worked everytime since....

mynameisrichard

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
Santa Ana, Orange County, CA
I jailbroke mine 2 nights ago. It was exactly like that and I was so nervous I ****ed up my phone. I unplugged it and turned it off and then turned it back on. I let it sit for a while, then plugged into iTunes and then let it sit. It booted up with Cydia and Installer on my Homepage. Just wait it out. I waited literally 15 minutes for it to work.

jkimbro0316

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Central Florida
Well thank you all for your help. I restored the phone to factory settings and then jailbroke the phone and it worked!! Thank you all for your advice, it really helped me out.

biggriz93

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2009
Jailbreak issue

return iphone in itunes to as new "out of box" iphone condition without any music apps etc. (by reinstalling/restoring in itunes)
Now jailbreak and then restore all your stuff back to the iphone from an earlier backup.

I could never get mine to jailbreak with anything installed on it either... has worked everytime since....

I have the same issues so I tried returning the iphone to a 'new' condition, then jailbreaking (I checked after this step and the jailbreaking process went well), but when I tried to restore all of my stuff from an earlier backup it wiped out the jailbreak. Do you know what I might be doing incorrectly? Thank you!

jkimbro0316

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Central Florida
I think you restored the phone to factory settings again in order to get the back-up back on your phone. I restored my phone, jailbroke it then I just put everything back on my phone manually. However if you don't want to do that, I noticed under iTunes preferences in the devices tab, there is a list of all the recent back-ups. If you jailbreak your phone again, maybe you can select one of those back-ups and install that back-up onto your phone. Don't go entirely on my word because I'm not positive about it, but I thought I'd do what I can to help out:).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.