Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pur3h8r3d

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
I've installed Windows 7 64 Bit. I tried installing Boot Camp from the Leopard DVD and it gets to the part where its trying to run the service KeyAgent but it fails. This is the message I get.

"Service 'KeyAgent' (KeyAgent) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services."

I've tried running it in compatibility mode for Vista and made sure to have it set as run as Administrator. I also download BootCamp 2.1 for Windows Vista 64 but it wont even start. I also did the Compatibility mode and administrator for it.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Macbook Pro 2.2Ghz, 200GB HDD, 4GB RAM, Latest version of Leopard.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
I copied the contents of the Boot Camp driver DVD to the HD, and executed all driver installers manually. Check for the 64 bits ones!
Worked for the most part for me. ;)

pur3h8r3d

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
How do I know which ones are 64 bit? I dont see anything in my boot camp folder that says anything about 64bit.

pur3h8r3d

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
I found the problem and a solution for it. Apparently I have an early version of the Leopard disk that doesnt have any 64 bit drivers. Thats why it wasnt working. I was able to download the correct Boot Camp Install files that worked like a charm. Even the 2.1 update worked. Thanks again for anyone who looked at or responded.

-David

Armain

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2009
I'm having the same problem, and really can't find those drivers anywhere. How did you manage to get them?

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
I found the problem and a solution for it. Apparently I have an early version of the Leopard disk that doesnt have any 64 bit drivers. Thats why it wasnt working. I was able to download the correct Boot Camp Install files that worked like a charm. Even the 2.1 update worked. Thanks again for anyone who looked at or responded.

-David

Just be sure to get the Realtek drivers (for sound) from their site (the HD audio codec one).

ovargas

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2009

-David

Hi, I have the same problem, where you get the correct Boot Camp install files?

Thank

iCello

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2009
Problem

When I tryed to put my Leopard disc in on Win 7 32 bit, it doesnt do anything for a long time, then gave me an error. I've downloaded the Audio and graphics drivers, but I need the Control Panel so that it wont start up to Windows every time! Frustration!:mad: Where can I download that?

sosaysiburke

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2009
you can change the boot up from osx just go to startup disk and . the drivers install fine you just have to run them as admin there is a thread if you search on how to do it takes like 5 minutes to get all the drivers installed and they work like a charm for me on win 7 64

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.