Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chinton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me...

I would like to build an application for a forum that i am a mod on. I have no idea where to start! I have been reading posts on here any cant find anything as yet (so apologies if this has already been covered!).

If anyone has the time, i would be grateful if there are any instructions anywhere on how to do this.. if you could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance,

Claire

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me...

I would like to build an application for a forum that i am a mod on. I have no idea where to start! I have been reading posts on here any cant find anything as yet (so apologies if this has already been covered!).

If anyone has the time, i would be grateful if there are any instructions anywhere on how to do this.. if you could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance,

Claire

First you will need a mac if you don't already have one.

Then you will need
- an understanding of object oriented programming
- fork our $99 for permission to put your app on an iphone
- Patience

there are stickies at the top of this forum that go into great detail of how to start and what books you might want to get.

macster84

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2009
there are stickies at the top of this forum that go into great detail of how to start and what books you might want to get.

What does the above phrase mean? I don't see any stickies at the top of this page nor at any of the tabs. Is it on another page instead? Sorry, I'm new to the forums. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.