Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rckpprszzrs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Hi, I have a secondhand iBook G4 and a few days ago it stopped booting up. It will load the apple screen with a loading circle and then switch to a blue screen with a loading circle and won't go any further.

I tried to reinstall OS X by inserting the cd and holding down "C". When I do so it works up until the "Select a Destination" screen where it doesn't show my hard drive.

I went into disc utility and my hard drive is shown there but I don't know what to do to make it show in the "Select a Destination" screen.

Help? Anyone?

mankam

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2009
Hi, I have a secondhand iBook G4 and a few days ago it stopped booting up. It will load the apple screen with a loading circle and then switch to a blue screen with a loading circle and won't go any further.

I tried to reinstall OS X by inserting the cd and holding down "C". When I do so it works up until the "Select a Destination" screen where it doesn't show my hard drive.

I went into disc utility and my hard drive is shown there but I don't know what to do to make it show in the "Select a Destination" screen.

Help? Anyone?
i have simmilar problem with my ibool g4
how you sorted your problem??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.