Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
I have a iBook G3 Clamshell Blueberry but it wont charge. Story: I accidently upgraded the ram on it without pulling out the battery or AC. Anyhow all it says is calculating until full then a few hours later it says no battery installed. Any suggestions? I don't mind replacing the battery but could I broke something else?

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Wait...so you installed RAM while the computer was running? Or did it just have power while you did?

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
take out the battery for ten minutes with no charger. Reset pram and hope for the best. I cannot understand working on a computer with the ac plugged in... it is an electrical device.

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Wait...so you installed RAM while the computer was running? Or did it just have power while you did?
Oh it was turned off don't get me wrong.

take out the battery for ten minutes with no charger. Reset pram and hope for the best. I cannot understand working on a computer with the ac plugged in... it is an electrical device.

Ill try that now

TJRiver

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2009

He should get together with the spilled apple juice guy..............

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.