Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nope7308

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I would like to download some resume templates, but the ones available on the MS Office website are not compatible with OS X. Where can I download similar templates?

Additionally, I'm aware that Word '08 comes equipped with 4 resume templates, but those templates appear in a language other than English. Any explanation why (and how I can change this)? These resumes are nice, but I would prefer a greater selection.

Thanks for the help.

P.S. Yes, I already searched for a solution to this presumably common problem.

nadyne

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Mountain View, CA USA
The templates that ship with Word 2008 are in English (or, whatever language you purchased Office in -- French, Spanish, etc). Are you referring to the "loren ipsum" text in there? That's just placeholder text -- you'll probably see it anywhere that placeholder text is used because it's been the printing industry standard since printing was invented.

Regards,
Nadyne.

nope7308

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Ontario, Canada
The templates that ship with Word 2008 are in English (or, whatever language you purchased Office in -- French, Spanish, etc). Are you referring to the "loren ipsum" text in there? That's just placeholder text -- you'll probably see it anywhere that placeholder text is used because it's been the printing industry standard since printing was invented.

Regards,
Nadyne.

Yes, I was referring to the placeholders (I thought it was Latin - wrong!). From my uninformed perspective, it just seems weird! I've never come across it before, but then again, I'm not a graphic designer.

Anyway, back to my original question... where can I find additional resume templates that will work with Word '08? Thanks.

PeggyD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Covington, WA, USA
Anyway, back to my original question... where can I find additional resume templates that will work with Word '08? Thanks.

Try Microsoft Office PC templates. Then comes Microsoft trickery. Choose the category the sub-category & then click the name of a template. Next is a page with a "download" button that takes you to the "Your operating system doesn't meet system requirements" page. All that means is that you can't use their automatic download service. Click the "download now" button in the section to manually download. Somewhere along the process was a license agreement. The file I chose downloaded as 06369101.cab. Double-clicking it launched Stuffit & resulted in a folder.

nope7308

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Try Microsoft Office PC templates. Then comes Microsoft trickery. Choose the category the sub-category & then click the name of a template. Next is a page with a "download" button that takes you to the "Your operating system doesn't meet system requirements" page. All that means is that you can't use their automatic download service. Click the "download now" button in the section to manually download. Somewhere along the process was a license agreement. The file I chose downloaded as 06369101.cab. Double-clicking it launched Stuffit & resulted in a folder.

Ahh, thank you! I gave up at the .cab file. I'll give it a try now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.