Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Re: You know what's better than Bacon?

Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon. Yum, can't wait for summer. Nothin' better than cow wrapped in pig....

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Originally posted by whocares
But that's why it's so good :D :D
My personal favourite is mopping up the fat from the pan with a piece of bread. Instant heart attack!
I can beat that, but it doesn't involve bacon.

Take 1 (one) hard boiled egg, roll in sausage meat, deep fry. Enjoy!

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
Originally posted by Counterfit
I can beat that, but it doesn't involve bacon.

Take 1 (one) hard boiled egg, roll in sausage meat, deep fry. Enjoy!

How about rolling the sausage meat + egg in some bacon? LOL [goes to hospital to get pace-maker checked]

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Well that would do, but it wouldn't be a Scotch Egg then :p.

And one of my favorite hors d'oeuvres is scallops wrapped in bacon. Mmm mmm good! Maybe I'll go to Quincy Market and get some today...

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
Bacon is nasty. Nothing but strips of fat being fried up in its own fatty grease. Why not just have a granola bar for breakfast instead?

Well, speaking of dietary quirks, usually because granola often has nuts mixed into it, and I'm allergic to the nuts. :)

Sometime, when feeling adventurous, try dates & bacon: Take a package of dates (the dried fruit kind, for you psychos out there :D ) and wrap each date in a slice of bacon. Secure each with a toothpick, then bake 'em in the oven on a foil-covered cookie sheet (I unfortunately forget what temp/how long--maybe 20 min. at 400 degrees?).

Intense, greasy, but really yummy. mmmmm grease.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Re: Bacon

Originally posted by pimentoLoaf
Admit it: you love the stuff.

The real question should be: Do you like it Crispy or Chewy?

I'm on the Chewy side of bacon.

sonofslim

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by rueyeet
Sometime, when feeling adventurous, try dates & bacon: Take a package of dates (the dried fruit kind, for you psychos out there :D ) and wrap each date in a slice of bacon. Secure each with a toothpick, then bake 'em in the oven

awesome -- i've been a fan of bacon-wrapped dates for a long time now. i usually see them at tapas places, often stuffed with some sort of cheese. i try to get other people to try them, but most people think it's an odd combination of flavors. well, duh.... that's what makes it so good!

anyone down with the deep-fried pickle?

edit: crap. just read my post and realized i'm talking about cheese-stuffed bacon and fried pickles. i'm going to go join a gym.

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
But that's why it's so good :D :D
My personal favourite is mopping up the fat from the pan with a piece of bread. Instant heart attack!

If you have a generally healthy diet, it's ok to indulge in some bad fat from time to time. The body doesn't mind as it can deal with small amounts... I'll have bacon once or twice a month if its available. Yes living in France does have its disadvantages, *no bacon* :eek: :eek:

Hey, it's 1pm and I'm hungry... [goes to kitchen and cooks up a bacon sandwich :D ]

No bacon? The pagans!

One of my wife's favorite recipes is you take breadsticks(the skinny hard ones.) Wrap them in raw bacon, roll in parmesan cheese and bake for 15 minutes. Super good

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Bacon is nasty. Nothing but strips of fat being fried up in its own fatty grease.

Boy, somebody needs to get out and live a little.

Eating bacon once in a while isnt going to hurt you.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I rarely eat bacon but when it's cooked properly, it's so good. :) It may be 6 months or more between encounters, so that may not be too bad for me.

On the other hand, things cooked in lard tend to be more dangerous since it's more difficult to realise that they've used that.

One of my favourite things cooked in lard is this style of potato chips/crisps: http://www.utzsnacks.com/bgUTZProd_GranPotato.shtml They're also a heart attack waiting to happen, if you can't control yourself.

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by MongoTheGeek
No bacon? The pagans!

Well, no *real* bacon, like it tastes back in the UK...
But they make up for it with other wonderful "pig delicacies" (sp?). Give the French a pig, and the only things they don't eay are the bones :eek:

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by Doctor Q
I'm sure glad we aren't discussing poison!

Yep! The power of suggestion. :eek: :p

-Awimoway
Arn't you concerned about eating raw pig?
I'm a bit paranoïd about pig (and chicken); I like well cooked.

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Yep! The power of suggestion. :eek: :p

-Awimoway
Arn't you concerned about eating raw pig?
I'm a bit paranoïd about pig (and chicken); I like well cooked.

Yes, and I don't really eat it raw, but I do walk on the wild side a little bit. I like it really soft.

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
When I was still eating meat, the only way I'd eat bacon was if it was so crispy that it was borderline burnt.

That's what makes it cancerous, burnt fat.
What do you prefer:
*heart desease?
*cancer?

Boy, you just gotta love bacon :p :p :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.