Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josh Kahane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Suffolk, UK
Hi

I know there are lots of posts like this, but I just couldn't find a solution which has worked. Problem: I get no sound in Windows 7 on Boot Camp.

I had windows 7 installed on Boot Camp before, then I reinstalled it, and I cant remember how I fixed the sound problem before.

Please help, I would appreciate any, would be good if you posted all the solutions so i can try a variety. Thanks.

Josh Kahane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Suffolk, UK
Ok thanks, I have sound now. But problem.

Its really quite bad quality, tinning and fuzzy if you know what i mean. Also it wont go through my speakers which are connected to the jeck port on the back.

I have an aluminum iMac 2.4GHz.

jason3w

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2009
Ok thanks, I have sound now. But problem.

Its really quite bad quality, tinning and fuzzy if you know what i mean. Also it wont go through my speakers which are connected to the jeck port on the back.

I have an aluminum iMac 2.4GHz.

I have 20" ali mac and have exact same issues.
Has anyone solved this yet.

No headphone jack, sound is fuzzy/low/poor.

Thanks heaps
Jason

PS i have install the very latest realtek drivers. R226. Still no good.

jason3w

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2009
Did anyone work this out?

I am still having no luck with this.
ANyone work it out.
I now have the latest realtek drivers and still no difference.
Thanks in advance.
Jason

Wraz

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2009
you got snow leopard? if so, put in your disk in windows. go to my computer, open it so you can see the items. go to apple > Drivers and install either bootcamp or bootcamp 64. I think it works even thought its not SL

jason3w

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2009
I looked at drivers for snow leopard and install the realtek driver within the bootcamp directory. Still no go.
It is a version lower than current one on realtek site. So that was a downgrade for me as i had installed the latest. Either way it still is not working.

Anyone other ideas? I love to know if anyone the had the cracking sound + no headphone jack on imac and then got it to work.

Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.