Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Originally posted by whocares
That's what makes it cancerous, burnt fat.
What do you prefer:
*heart desease?
*cancer?

Boy, you just gotta love bacon :p :p :D

I prefer skipping old age entirely. I've seen my grandparents wither away for lonely years on end, and I want no part of it.

I'm an eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die kind of guy. ;)

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
Originally posted by Awimoway
I'm an eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die kind of guy. ;)

Kinda close to my motto:
"Better to die young and happy
than old and miserable".

Enjoy life :)

But being healthy helps you enjoy life, so I do meat, fat, alcohol, etc, but also do loads of stuff and try and have a healthy equilibrated diet.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Re: Re: Bacon

Originally posted by srobert
The real question should be: Do you like it Crispy or Chewy?

I'm on the Chewy side of bacon.

Crispy. If I tap it on the plate and don't hear a "tink, tink, tink" it ain't done. :D

Lethal

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
Well, no *real* bacon, like it tastes back in the UK...
But they make up for it with other wonderful "pig delicacies" (sp?). Give the French a pig, and the only things they don't eay are the bones :eek:

The saying here in the US is we use everything but the squeal.

Ever have pork rinds or chicarinos? They are like bacon flavored potato chips and the microwave variety have almost no fat.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I like an occasional bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich. My wife cooks it in the microwave.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Re: Bacon

Originally posted by pimentoLoaf
Admit it: you love the stuff.

bacon is not something i eat often...not good for one's health

hey, pimento, i love your avatar...i used to eat pimento loaf though...and who knows if that is much better?:p

Inspector Lee

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2004
East Lansing, MI
Bacon is nasty. Nothing but strips of fat being fried up in its own fatty grease. Why not just have a granola bar for breakfast instead?

I think the only thing that is nastier than bacon is bacon breath - especially at 8 A.M. while riding public transportation... with a hangover...

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles

Originally posted by jefhatfield
i used to eat pimento loaf though...
I did too. Day after day after day... until one day, I woke up and said "You know what? I don't like pimento loaf anymore." Haven't had it since.

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Re: Re: Re: Bacon

Originally posted by Doctor Q
I did too. Day after day after day... until one day, I woke up and said "You know what? I don't like pimento loaf anymore." Haven't had it since.

Funny how that happens. I stopped putting mustard and pickles on my sandwiches. I prefer a subtler medley of flavors now.

And my wife served couscous one too many times. I used to love it. Now the very though turns my stomach. Speaking of which, excuse me--

(runs to bathroom)

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩

Originally posted by jefhatfield
hey, pimento, i love your avatar...i used to eat pimento loaf though...and who knows if that is much better?:p

ok. Excuse my ignorance: what is pimento loaf?

From what I can see on pimentoLoaf's 'tar, it looks like it could be bad for you! :p

Inspector Lee

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2004
East Lansing, MI
When I was still eating meat, the only way I'd eat bacon was if it was so crispy that it was borderline burnt

With the exception of a steak on Friday nights, I really don't eat meat either. I haven't had fast food in over 2 years. Bacon is friggin' nasty. Your face and back will break out if you sit in the same room while it is cooking. And about 3 hours after eating it, it is best to be within sprinting distance of a bathroom.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
Bacon is nasty. Nothing but strips of fat being fried up in its own fatty grease. Why not just have a granola bar for breakfast instead?

Because a new study that came out 2 months in the future has shown that eating what was thought as 'heathy foods' will cause cancer.

Sorry.

I like my bacon crispy, but not dry... and I don't need all of that liquid fat clog afterwards.

Drain your bacon, ech... all of that extra fat... ech.

I love bacon but I try not to have too much, but I always over do it... ahh

'Mom: Don't eat so much bacon your a--
Me: Heart attack waiting to happen, uh huh'

phrancpharmD

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2003
Historic Norcross
Re: Re: Re: Bacon

what is pimento loaf?

It's a lot like olive loaf (which I prefer to plain pimento loaf). Both are basically bologna with either pimentos or pimento stuffed olives impregnated within it, so that when it's sliced at the deli, you have little slivers of either delicious salty treat built into your bologna!

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Originally posted by themadchemist
I'm a vegetarian.

My youngest daughter, who is only three, likes to tell me, whenever I am eating dead animal products, "I hate meat."

My wife and I don't know where she got her aversion from, but we don't think it's a bad thing necessarily. If she wants to grow up vegetarian, more power to her.

However her big sister, who is four, is pure carnivore. Go figure.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
I like being able to buy slab bacon that hasn't been sliced so I can cut whatever I want out of it. Nice thick strips sometimes, cubes for lentil soup, lardons for bacon and spinach salads. A slice of bacon wrapped around a jumbo shrimp, the seared in a blazing hot pan for a few minutes... drooling on desk now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.