Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
DSC_0248.jpg

Notice the cat, messy desk and vista! My desktop is my last computer to replace to go all OS X. Looking for a cheaper mac pro, perhaps a quad 2.0.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Notice the cat, messy desk and vista! My desktop is my last computer to replace to go all OS X. Looking for a cheaper mac pro, perhaps a quad 2.0.

Looks like you Vista box is in the same Antec case as the Core i7 I have in the marketplace right now. Do you ever worry your cat is going to knock those monitors over the edge?

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
IMG_1086.jpg

This is about as messy as my desk gets. Sometimes there is a couple of pieces of paper their when inputting an invoice, receipt or when filing sales tax. But I push those through immediately and file them to prevent clutter.

Notice the clean socks I have not put on yet, the Allen wrench sitting on my speaker and the Sony remote on the left which is usually on the right.:D

By the way that is not a G4 any longer. But my gaming PC which I modified the cases interior to accept ATX parts:cool:. Eventually I will write a guide as the other guides I have found lacked answers to some of my basic questions for the conversion. Especially how to wire the front panel buttons, unfortunately I damaged the LED light.

I removed the chair back on purpose. It is much more comfortable now that I can sit cross legged on my chair.

I love the idea of this thread as I dont buy for a second that people's setup's are as clean and spiffy as most people's are in the other thread. If they are then I think its safe to say that Apple users are far more anal than PC users, lol. Anyways I had previously posted these in that thread but they certainly belong in here much more than in there.

As I explained in that previous post, we are buliding an addition on our home that will eventually become my new computer room/office/photo studio and I had to move my computer set up into one of our storage rooms until it is finished. It was much cleaner than this when I first set it up but it has just degraded as time has gone on as I just have no room for anything. The good news is the addition on our home is in the final stages and I wont have to stay in here for much longer. My new computer room is going to be a 1000 times better and 10 times bigger.

Believe me, its much worse than it looks, lol. You cant even see my printers or my Lacie Raid as they are buried under boxes.

DSC00031B-1.jpg

DSC00038B-1.jpg

DSC00024B.jpg

I even have Hard drives on the ground.

DSC00041B-1.jpg

maclover001

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
For some reason, whenever I buy a new computer component (be it a card reader, and external hard drive, or a USB hub), I have to make my working area completely spotless. It's this weird OCD tick I have.

JBazz

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2006
My laptop at work. I thought the fruit was too pretty to eat that day...

Attachments

• workdesk.jpg
    workdesk.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 415

jcrazyjj

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2009
Macomb, MI
I love the idea of this thread as I dont buy for a second that people's setup's are as clean and spiffy as most people's are in the other thread. If they are then I think its safe to say that Apple users are far more anal than PC users, lol. Anyways I had previously posted these in that thread but they certainly belong in here much more than in there.

As I explained in that previous post, we are buliding an addition on our home that will eventually become my new computer room/office/photo studio and I had to move my computer set up into one of our storage rooms until it is finished. It was much cleaner than this when I first set it up but it has just degraded as time has gone on as I just have no room for anything. The good news is the addition on our home is in the final stages and I wont have to stay in here for much longer. My new computer room is going to be a 1000 times better and 10 times bigger.

Believe me, its much worse than it looks, lol. You cant even see my printers or my Lacie Raid as they are buried under boxes.

DSC00031B-1.jpg

DSC00038B-1.jpg

DSC00024B.jpg

I even have Hard drives on the ground.

DSC00041B-1.jpg

idk how you work in that. that disgusts me. not to offend the OP, but ew.

theres wires everywhere and that doesn't in the least bit bother you? go buy a bag of zipties and spend 10 minutes organizing ****. youll thank youself. believe me.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
idk how you work in that. that disgusts me. not to offend the OP, but ew.

theres wires everywhere and that doesn't in the least bit bother you? go buy a bag of zipties and spend 10 minutes organizing ****. youll thank youself. believe me.

Looks perfect to me :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.