Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacKid6693

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
should i wait for the new imac to come out or should i get the macmini? i cant quite decide. i like the mac mini alot but i would hate to have to buy another monitor.. on the other hand i like the iMac because it has everything on it but i like the smaller screens.. IM SO CONFUSED

nyry30

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA / New York, NY
should i wait for the new imac to come out or should i get the macmini? i cant quite decide. i like the mac mini alot but i would hate to have to buy another monitor.. on the other hand i like the iMac because it has everything on it but i like the smaller screens.. IM SO CONFUSED

2 things,

1)what's your budget?

2)what kind of use task will you be doing?

cheers:apple:

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland

New iMacs came week ago, so don't expect that there'll be new ones out soon. Maybe in Q4 for Christmas sales

clickgr

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2009
Germany
Definitely don’t wait for a new imac. There is no better time to buy a Macintosh than now. If you want to be more flexible with monitors and don’t have high processor expectations, go for the mini. If you like all in one machines as you said, have more expectations, and your budget is not limited, go for the new iMac. The issue too big screen should not bother you. When you get used of it, you will realize that the bigger the better. I guarantee you that you will never regret for the big screen size.

mntpng

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2009
I had a similar decision to make and I went with Mac mini because iMac lacked much of compelling features above Mac mini. Low end iMac is basically Mac mini with a faster CPU, a monitor, an iSight, and a desktop hard drive instead of laptop hard drive. I went with Mac mini and ordered 4GB of ram and 320GB 7200rpm hard drive. In total it cost me about $725. I could have spent $500 more than that and got an iMac but I can't justify it. I'm very happy with my new Mac mini. :)

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
The bigger the better. While you don't have monitor, go for iMac. Mini is for people who already has a monitor and want to make the switch to Mac.

Why you don't like big displays?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.