Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onceways

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Hi Guys

For some reason my itunes 8 is no longer finding new updates for my iphone applications. If you hit the check for updates button you get the standard message below.

There are no updates available for any of the applications in your Itunes library.

Same thing happens if you try finding updates via the iphone itself. I've tried basic stuff such as logging in and out of my account. I can purchase new apps correctly however.

I did move my itunes to a new laptop and put the library on an external disk, other than that everything works correctly.

Any ideas it's driving me nuts.

Thanks

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
Are you sure any of your applications actually have updates available?

onceways

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Yes 100% sure the new version of Tweetie for example and the Mafia live game. I'm think I could delete all the apps from my itunes library and redownload, but thats a bit long winded.

One thing when I move my itunes library I had to manually remind itunes where the applications were stored. E.G. point itunes to the correct path for the app..

thx

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
OK, before re-downloading all your apps, try the following:

• In Finder, go to your ~/Music/iTunes/Mobile Applications/ directory and copy (ie: duplicate) the entire Mobile Applications folder somewhere else (Desktop?). Now you have all your apps backed up.
• In iTunes, delete (move to trash) all you applications. Check that the apps do indeed go away from your ~/Music/iTunes/Mobile Applications/ folder.
• Now drag and drop your backed up Mobile Applications folder onto iTunes to add back all your applications.
• Check for updates...

Any better?

PS: After all this, double check that your apps are still set to sync with your iPhone.

onceways

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
I suddenly realized when I was moving my library to it's new home, I'd cleared out the Apps folder as it seemed to be full of duplicates. I guess this is how itunes tracks new versions.

Re'downloaded everything, but haven't seen any new updates for a few days still. So it may be fixed e.g. I'm currently upto date or it's still broken. I'll know if I don't see an update soon.

I did this before I saw your reply. - Will update thread ASAP.

thx

longdogs

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Lichfield UK
I'm having the same issue. A post on the Apple support forum suggests it might be because I have accounts at both the UK and US stores. I've de-authorized my US account, and am waiting to see if updates start appearing in the next few days.

shinykrum

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2009
I'm having the same problem. We don't have an Edge network, just 3G (Japan) but I can see updates on the phone, just not in iTunes - meaning like Photo Monkey I just can't update anything over 10MB. I tried deleting applications from iTunes and redownloading them, but there were a couple that had changed prices and it wanted to charge me for them again...

soiramk

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2008
Greece
I'm facing exactly the same problem! My AppStore at my iPhone finds updates but my iTunes says that there are no updates available. Any solution??

tarasis

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Here, there and everywhere
Just wanted to add my voice to this. I am facing exactly the same problem.

Most of my apps are from the DE store, a couple from the UK store and one from the US store and I had been happily getting updates though I did have to go to the respective store in iTunes to get the respective updates. However sometime in the last month both the iPhone and iTunes have stopped being able to see new updates. You have to manually go into the store and select buy and then it updates fine.

Lost as to what to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.