Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PurpleCliff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
Australia
I want to use my headset for Garageband, so I plug it in, and sound does work - but garageband is still using my imac's built in microphone. What do I need to do?
Thanks.

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
I want to use my headset for Garageband, so I plug it in, and sound does work - but garageband is still using my imac's built in microphone. What do I need to do?
Thanks.

In GarageBand's Preferences under Audio/MIDI, have you selected this headset for audio input?

PurpleCliff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
Australia
In GarageBand's Preferences under Audio/MIDI, have you selected this headset for audio input?

If I go to Preferences, Audio/MIDI, Audio Input - it lets me choose from System Setting, Built-in Microphone and Built-in Input.
If I choose Built-in Input - Both the headset and my iMac's built in mic don't work
If I choose System Setting or Built-in Microphone, it uses my iMac's built in mic.

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
If I go to Preferences, Audio/MIDI, Audio Input - it lets me choose from System Setting, Built-in Microphone and Built-in Input.
If I choose Built-in Input - Both the headset and my iMac's built in mic don't work
If I choose System Setting or Built-in Microphone, it uses my iMac's built in mic.

Go to Systems Preferences and click on the sound tab. Set the correct audio input up there and then quit and relaunch Garageband.

PurpleCliff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
Australia
Go to Systems Preferences and click on the sound tab. Set the correct audio input up there and then quit and relaunch Garageband.

Still no luck ... :(
I guess I'll just do my podcast with the built in microphone. Unless anyone can suggest anything else?
Thanks for you help!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.