Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tmeehan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
I've got a NSPopUpButtonCell in my NSTableView. I've tried everything I can think of but I can't get the text color to change. I've read numerous posts (on other formums) about how this is done. The most recent was setting the individual menuitem titles with -setAttributedTitle. I've put in debug code to verify that title being used is my attributed string - which was created using the following attributes:

attrs = [NSMutableDictionary dictionaryWithCapacity:3];
[attrs setValue:[NSColor redColor] forKey:mad:"NSForegroundColorAttributeName"];
[attrs setValue:[NSColor redColor] forKey:mad:"NSStrokeColorAttributeName"];
[attrs setValue:[NSNumber numberWithFloat:8.0] forKey:mad:"NSStrokeWidthAttributeName"];

I've also checked the attributes of the string each place where it should be used to verify that the color is the color it is supposed to be.

the only clue is that I can tell that it is using the string because the appearance changes in the popup menu. The line spacing is tighter together than if I just use the normal title with an NSString. It's as if it can't understand the attributes because as you can see I put in an 8 for the strokewidth ( a huge number) just to see if anything changed - nothing changed.

Does anyone have a solution. I can't imagine that this is one of those things that can't be done. I'm sure I am missing something somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
The color of each menu title, or the color of the popup button's title, or both?

tmeehan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Colorizing NSPopUpButtonCell

Both actually. I would like to be able to colorize any and all text that is displayed by the popup menu.

The sad thing is that earlier in my attempts to get the big picture working I was struggling to get the text in the normal text cells to colorize. At one point the popupmenu text was being colorized but the text cells were not. At the time it was a frustration because I was trying to get the text cells to colorize. Little did I know that once I got that problem solved, I would not be able to get the popupmenucells to colorize to save my life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.