Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HomicidalCuckoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
Was browsing the iTunes store and noticed that there's now the option to purchase some movies in HD (like Punisher: War Zone and Transporter 3). Has anyone tried to purchase HD movies in iTunes?

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
Wow I'm surprised this happened with no announcement.

And incase it disappears I attached a screen shot.

Attachments

• iTunesSample.jpg
    iTunesSample.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 60
  • itunes sample.jpg
    itunes sample.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 76

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
Wow, this is huge, although we've seen similar things with movies like Ironman only to find it was an error. In this case, however, I hope it's true!

They've included more this time... before it was simply a misplaced HD logo. This time they have made substantial changes to the interface, and even included things like file size differences.

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
Nice find, wonder if it downloads an iPod version too.

Yes it does as it say's in the smaller pic I attached above. Just like TV shows you get an iPod friendly version as well.

They even have some movies now for pre-order in HD. Twilight and Quantum Of Solace for example.

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
Well if it has really been removed already, I think we can all say fairly confidently that it should reappear sometime in the near future. The programming is there and ready for the press release to be posted.

EDIT: Looks like I spoke too soon!

eleven59

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
what a suprise to see!!! i just canceled my pre-order of "QoS" for the HD version now!

bring them on... i could care less for the others currently. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.