Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D-247

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2009
I am in a obsessive Zombie shoot-up phase. I need quite a scare. It doesn't necessarily have to be a zombie, but a survival- horror game would be nice.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Left 4 Dead was tons of fun on the 360 for me

(only out for X360 and PC for now...so I don't if you have Windows on your Mac or not)

D-247

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2009
Thanks, I'm checking that out right now. Yeah Im using a windows transfer on my mac.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Are any of the crop of semi-current or current zombie games Mac native? I think the best you can do is Windows on Boot Camp. Left 4 Dead gets my vote as it's outstanding and most wonderful off line coop. :D

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Stubbs the zombie is a reverse zombie game. Mac version is PPC and won't run well on intel, so you can use a PC version.

L4d is pretty good if you get to play with decent people.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Down loadable content? When is it due?

No announcements. They did provided content for TF2, so with L4D costing more than TF2, they probably will provide some content. However, nothing announced on the official blog at l4d.com

creon

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
I'm not sure if it is for PC/MAC but COD5:WAW (Call of Duty 5: World at War) has an amazing zombie mode...AMAZING.

Benjay

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2008
I'm not sure if it is for PC/MAC but COD5:WAW (Call of Duty 5: World at War) has an amazing zombie mode...AMAZING.

I second that! I think i've played Nazi Zombies more than the actual WaW game! I do believe it is only PC/Boot camp though...shame...

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Stubbs the zombie is a reverse zombie game. Mac version is PPC and won't run well on intel, so you can use a PC version.

I really enjoyed Stubbs! Just picked up the Mac version ultra-cheap, so even if it plays like crap I won't mind. And if I do mind I can just pull out the PC version.

Mr. lax

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2007
Canada
I am in a obsessive Zombie shoot-up phase. I need quite a scare. It doesn't necessarily have to be a zombie, but a survival- horror game would be nice.

There is a cider port of L4D floating around, you could buy the game for windows then play the ported one on mac

Proof:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 450

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
L4D for sure.

But how is a Cider port going to work, can that even connect to the Steam servers? Is it even legal?

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
L4D for sure.

But how is a Cider port going to work, can that even connect to the Steam servers? Is it even legal?

I have the port to test out on OSX and it does not connect to steam servers. It's basically a standalone game, no steam nothing, just loads the game up and you play single player. I didn't care for it since I wanted steam services/achievements so I stick w/ rebooting into windows to play my steam ver. Not sure the legality of it either.

eleven59

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008

sadly that was the ONLY thing i liked about COD5... rest of the game sucked... loved COD4 however..

left4dead is tops for me right now!

petermcphee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
With L4D and other Valve games, the real joy is in the online multiplayer versions. The Cider Port does not offer this, so it's really not worth it.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007

I always thought that having zombies in cod wow is a joke. But since so many people mentioned it...

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
With L4D and other Valve games, the real joy is in the online multiplayer versions. The Cider Port does not offer this, so it's really not worth it.

What!
Then what's the point? The single player in L4D is useless since the bots are so poor. It's a multiplayer game! Gah. I'll never understand the reasoning of relentless anti-Windows folk.

creon

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
I always thought that having zombies in cod wow is a joke. But since so many people mentioned it...

You really should. I have played on XboxLive with 3 of my friends and had an awesome time. Some may say it is the best part of the game...

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
DOOM 3. That'll **** you up good n' proper. Native to mac and windows. BUY IT!!

Speedypenguin

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2009
Killing Floor is a good survival horror, can't go wrong with L4D either.

Bootcamp recommended for both though. Not much fun without multiplayer imo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.