Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlpoore89

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2009
Beaumont, Texas
College Apartment Desk

Been working on Organic Chemistry(the big book) and about to have to start on American Literature (book on the far right)

Got the 20" Dell which is currently connected only to my PS3. And I am going to buy a 24" LED Cinema Display tomorrow to use with my UMBP. I don't like the quality of that particular Dell monitor because it looks like crap sitting next to my UMBP. Henceforth I am going to get the LED display.

I will take another pic tomorrow and post it after I get my LED Cinema Display set up.

Other than that this is how my desk normally looks.

Attachments

• DSC01129.JPG
    DSC01129.JPG
    373.6 KB · Views: 2,651

bwiissofly

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Been working on Organic Chemistry(the big book) and about to have to start on American Literature (book on the far right)

Got the 20" Dell which is currently connected only to my PS3. And I am going to buy a 24" LED Cinema Display tomorrow to use with my UMBP. I don't like the quality of that particular Dell monitor because it looks like crap sitting next to my UMBP. Henceforth I am going to get the LED display.

I will take another pic tomorrow and post it after I get my LED Cinema Display set up.

Nice modern desk.
I wish my college had desks like that.

jlpoore89

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2009
Beaumont, Texas
Nice modern desk.
I wish my college had desks like that.

Oh trust me this modern desk comes at a nice price. lol This apartment cost me twice as much as a dorm per quarter and the dorm i was staying in was really nice for a dorm of course.

But yeah this desk is nice and open compared to the built-in recessed desks in the dorms. Which is y i am just now getting my LED display (i just moved in here a week ago)

Thanks for the comment though.

P.S.-I just realized that the pic on the screen of my MBP is a pic I posted on this site yesterday. lol

bwiissofly

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Oh trust me this modern desk comes at a nice price. lol This apartment cost me twice as much as a dorm per quarter and the dorm i was staying in was really nice for a dorm of course.

But yeah this desk is nice and open compared to the built-in recessed desks in the dorms. Which is y i am just now getting my LED display (i just moved in here a week ago)

Thanks for the comment though.

P.S.-I just realized that the pic on the screen of my MBP is a pic I posted on this site yesterday. lol

Oh, that makes sense then. I live in the dorms but my desk isn't the typical built-in recessed type. Everything in my room (i.e. bed, desk and closet) are movable so that makes things easier. I really just envy the pull-out part of your desk and the overall look. Ahhh well, I graduate Spring 2010 so this is only temporary :)

Quad SLi 295

macrumors member
Because some of us work for a living & blowing **** up on a daily basis kicks the arse out of anything else.

Work.jpg

Photo taken, Broken Hill NBHC mine, NSW, Australia August, 2008
21Level, 2Lense, 52-uphole stope.

Or doing ladder-way inspections:
Ladder_way.jpg

Photo Taken, Broken Hill North Mine, NSW, Australia, August, 2008.
9-8L escape way ladder way inspection
yep that's 50m down ;) 500m down

Weekly Shaft inspection. Standing on-top of the man cage, no safety rails (you've got a harness though.)
Shaft_inspection.jpg

Photo taken, Broken Hill SouthernCross mine, NSW, Australia September, 2008
Haulage Shaft inspection. That shaft is 1100m deep, air velocity down ~8metres per second, so it's either very hot or very cold, but never pleasant. And yes that runner is bent, we had to replace it ;)

Jimmy.

Well someone has to mine the lead to put into computer solider :p

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
Because some of us work for a living & blowing **** up on a daily basis kicks the arse out of anything else.

Photo taken, Broken Hill NBHC mine, NSW, Australia August, 2008
21Level, 2Lense, 52-uphole stope.

Or doing ladder-way inspections:

Photo Taken, Broken Hill North Mine, NSW, Australia, August, 2008.
9-8L escape way ladder way inspection
yep that's 50m down ;) 500m down

Weekly Shaft inspection. Standing on-top of the man cage, no safety rails (you've got a harness though.)

Photo taken, Broken Hill SouthernCross mine, NSW, Australia September, 2008
Haulage Shaft inspection. That shaft is 1100m deep, air velocity down ~8metres per second, so it's either very hot or very cold, but never pleasant. And yes that runner is bent, we had to replace it ;)

Jimmy.

Well someone has to mine the lead to put into computer solider :p

damn, that's a deep hole!! very cool pictures though!

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
Working on a presentation for Genetically Modified Food Labeling. Any insight? It will get much worse next week. :mad: 2 exams, quiz, presentation/report due. Graduation is only a few weeks away!

i like the apple. Needs bit more of a bite taken out of it to match Apple Inc.s' product icon:)

jconly

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2007
New York, NY
what do you do for a living? im assuming a designer of some kind. probably graphic with the tablet, and printer there...

what speakers are those? and how do you like your HP server?

Nope, commercial / editorial photographer.

They're M-Audio BX5's, and that's actually a 4 bay, hot-swappable, e-Sata enclosure.

PhillStew

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2005
Alabama

Man I hated Organic Chem 1 and 2. At least your'e studying it!

PowerBookRelic

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2008
O chem, I actually liked the course while I was taking it, but whenever it comes up in my current coursework I cringe...

Studying for my gastroenterology final :(

IMG_0019 12.jpg

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
I love the idea of this thread as I dont buy for a second that people's setup's are as clean and spiffy as most people's are in the other thread. If they are then I think its safe to say that Apple users are far more anal than PC users, lol. Anyways I had previously posted these in that thread but they certainly belong in here much more than in there.

As I explained in that previous post, we are buliding an addition on our home that will eventually become my new computer room/office/photo studio and I had to move my computer set up into one of our storage rooms until it is finished. It was much cleaner than this when I first set it up but it has just degraded as time has gone on as I just have no room for anything. The good news is the addition on our home is in the final stages and I wont have to stay in here for much longer. My new computer room is going to be a 1000 times better and 10 times bigger.

Believe me, its much worse than it looks, lol. You cant even see my printers or my Lacie Raid as they are buried under boxes.

DSC00031B-1.jpg

DSC00038B-1.jpg

DSC00024B.jpg

I even have Hard drives on the ground.

DSC00041B-1.jpg

Freakin' Awesome.

Tell me, where are you hiding Jimmy Hoffa in that mess? I am about to dial the FBI since I think I now know where the former Teamster's leader is hidden. :)

No1451

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I like my desk at least a little clean:
DSC00168.jpg

And my work area while that computer was all confungled, I actually got a fair amount of work done hunched over this monitor on the floor:)
DSC00176.jpg

And now a few weeks later, with my desk still all messed up, I have resorted to doing most of my schoolwork on my bed on the Mac because of this:
IMG_2710.jpg

When I see the mess that happens with building a new PC I almost want to buy an iMac....almost.

PeterQC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
When I see the mess that happens with building a new PC I almost want to buy an iMac....almost.

Isn't it dangerous to let all this running with no casing? I would be afraid of getting shock or burnt by it.

benlangdon

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2008
mine is at this tutoring place at school.
i go there and do homework.

i really should take pics because the floor has like a massive peak with gnarly slops coming off each side. its not meant to be like that by the way. its a really really old building.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Isn't it dangerous to let all this running with no casing? I would be afraid of getting shock or burnt by it.

Usually, it's pretty safe, as is the threat of thrashing the motherboard. The main thing that poses the greatest danger is opening up old CRT monitors. It's also not a good idea to take apart a power supply. If one of those goes, just get a new one.

For the most part, many people lose stuff if the parts (RAM, processors, video cards, but usually standoffs/screws) are not all accounted for if the machine is kept disassembled too long. It's hard to complete lose a whole motherboard or hard drive but some people make me wonder.

jlpoore89

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2009
Beaumont, Texas
Man I hated Organic Chem 1 and 2. At least your'e studying it!

Thats funny that you go to Auburn or at least I assume. A good friend of mine transfered from the college I am at (Louisiana Tech University) to Auburn for this spring semester. LOL

And the subject doesn't bother me too bad I just hate my professor!!! She sucks!!!

Oh and here are the pics of my setup now that I got my LED Cinema Display yesterday.

Attachments

• DSC01134.JPG
    DSC01134.JPG
    361.5 KB · Views: 641
  • DSC01135.JPG
    DSC01135.JPG
    341.7 KB · Views: 470
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.