Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
Dear members, Has anyone had this problem? I delete my cookies and they come right back! How can I resolve this problem?

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
What I find disturbing is that even if I don't revisit that particular site the cookies are returning. I can delete dozens of them and seconds later they are back. What causes this?

RoninXI

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2006
Vermilion, Ohio
If you have totally disabled cookies in your browser, make sure they are not coming from Flash (which is, among other things, spyware).
As a web designer I find that comment insanely hilarious... and so so true. I hate flash and it does cause problems I have not heard of this one though.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
How do I determine that they are coming from flash? And how do I access flash? I'll need some help please.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
Flash is where it's coming from! I discovered that when you delete a cookie their is a flash backup and that's why my deleted cookies are returning within second. in some cases. Big brother is watching.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.