Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gazzer82

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Downloading both now. Anyone loaded this onto there iphone yet, any major new features or bugs?

gazzer82

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
What are the chances that all this does if fix the Skype bug and nothing else, lol!!

cx300

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Clermont, FL
dont see any new release notes, downloaded but waiting for a good backup before I update software... will keep posted

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
thanks,

actually had an issue where iTunes would not see my iPhone so there was never a backup done, this one is almost there

Whats the build number of this release?

My ipod (1st gen) says: Version 3.0 (7A238j)

michaelgettys

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
iOK i feel like an idiot. I have the sdk and have started playing around with it. I just downloaded the new beta of 3.0 but I can not for the life of me remember how to bring up the window to load the software on the iphone.

I got the first beta on there just fine. I guess I was in such a hurry to get it on the first time I forgot what I did!

cx300

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Clermont, FL
OK i feel like an idiot. I have the sdk and have started playing around with it. I just downloaded the new beta of 3.0 but I can not for the life of me remember how to bring up the window to load the software on the iphone.

hold option and click update in iTunes

sneeks

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2007
Glasgow, UK
Is it worth installing this onto my iPhone 3G or am I best to await the final public release? I am able to authorise my iPhone if I decide to install. Are there any disadvantages of installing this now?

Spyt3

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2008
blocks?

i'm interested to see wether or not this blocks our nice little .ipcc fix from working.

i'd say it's really not worth it to me if i can no longer MMS and tether.
i don't think that there will be a skype "fix" it says on their app page in itunes store that calls work over 3g.

jmccullough108

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Is it worth installing this onto my iPhone 3G or am I best to await the final public release? I am able to authorise my iPhone if I decide to install. Are there any disadvantages of installing this now?

Don't install unless you are a developer that is going to use your test device to test the apps you make. Wait for the public release.

rob25255

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
London
New Iphone 3.0 Beta 2 Out Today

weighs in at 228 mb for developers...just finished downloading....will keep you updated!!

gazzer82

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Personally i wouldn't bother unless you are an active developer or like being at the bleeding edge with all the bugs and quirks that comes with. The previous beta wasn't anywhere near as bad as people made out, but it is nowhere near a quick or polished as the latest verion of 2.0.

michaelgettys

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
Thank you. I thought you had to do it through the sdk somehow. I gues thats just to get it listed as a test device the first time. anyone have it up and running yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.