Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quad SLi 295

macrumors member

suMMx

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2006
mailsws.jpg

No1451

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Usually, it's pretty safe, as is the threat of thrashing the motherboard. The main thing that poses the greatest danger is opening up old CRT monitors. It's also not a good idea to take apart a power supply. If one of those goes, just get a new one.

True, but you can be fairly safe taking apart a power supply if you take the correct precautions, like I did when I removed the LEDs from my PSUs fans(blue will not go with my white lighting and red tubing!).

if you think the risk of losing standoffs is bad, my whole case is disassembled at the moment, awaiting my dremel and possibly some paint for a nice black on red paint job:p

Toppa G's

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2003
The exurbs, MN
Most of my mess is actually off to the left and right of the photo :D ...I can't quite step back far enough to fit everything in. I am really liking the wireless Wave keyboard/mouse set that I picked up last week.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 290

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
Got a Coursework deadline for tomorrow, so havent been cleaning for a few days.

Yes, that is a sock.

Attachments

• IMG_0511.JPG
    IMG_0511.JPG
    788.2 KB · Views: 399

Saikou

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2007
NE
Thats funny that you go to Auburn or at least I assume. A good friend of mine transfered from the college I am at (Louisiana Tech University) to Auburn for this spring semester. LOL

And the subject doesn't bother me too bad I just hate my professor!!! She sucks!!!

Oh and here are the pics of my setup now that I got my LED Cinema Display yesterday.

My university (UNL) on campus apartments have the same desk / dresser furniture sets :D

apt.jpg

Bfat567

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2008
NewYork
Thats funny that you go to Auburn or at least I assume. A good friend of mine transfered from the college I am at (Louisiana Tech University) to Auburn for this spring semester. LOL

And the subject doesn't bother me too bad I just hate my professor!!! She sucks!!!

Oh and here are the pics of my setup now that I got my LED Cinema Display yesterday.

eek!!! get that mbp off that sub

KatmanDu

macrumors member
May 16, 2007
NE Georgia
Desk at work... Personal MBP; but there's a 20" iMac on the way. I converted my boss to Mac so when we had to buy new computers, he insisted on a new mini and let me requisition an iMac. Ships 4/17!

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

Nuttydev

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
Bristol, England.
Just what it looks like atm, using the Macbook (not mine) for the net whilst I'm doing pics :p Want to get a bigger external monitor but I can't afford it atm :(

Remotes for the PS3 which is playing music atm.

Attachments

• DSC00046.JPG
    DSC00046.JPG
    652.4 KB · Views: 311

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
LE Offices

Desk at work... Personal MBP; but there's a 20" iMac on the way. I converted my boss to Mac so when we had to buy new computers, he insisted on a new mini and let me requisition an iMac. Ships 4/17!

Your office reminds me of my own a few years ago. Even the business cards and card holder are the same. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.