Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superpalmtree

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
North Dakota
I have a Mac Pro Quad 2.93 w/ATI 4870 Video Card.

My question is for Vista X64 via Boot Camp. I've never been a fan of ATI and the drivers are driving me crazy! What drivers does everyone use for the ATI 4870 card via Boot Camp? The default boot camp drivers or the latest drivers from ATI.com? Can someone send me a direct link to the best driver?

Thanks

superpalmtree

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
North Dakota
I'm having trouble with my 2nd LCD via the Display Port to DVI adapter - maybe this is the problem vs. the ATI card?

Problems include:

2nd monitor not being detected when waking from sleep.
Resolutions going crazy

Shaved Kitty

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2009
U.S.A.
also, i am running vista 64 bit / bootcamp

I don't have any problems with setting up two monitors on my new MP 2.66, BUT... I am having a major issue with 3D stuff. I also have the ATI 4870 card. Now, i am thinking take that **** out... replace it with something else.

Jagged / slow / delay when i rotate stuff in Maya 2009 64 bit, and Rhino. Not sure if you guys use any 3D modeling program. Any suggestions? I installed the Catalyst 9.3. Didn't help at all...

Help!

seer

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2007
In vista64 bit I tested with both the boot camp supplied drivers and the official ATI drivers. Both seemed to work fine, but surprisingly the ATI drivers got about 500 less points in 3dmark06.

I assume it is because of some quality setting that the ATI drivers enable, I just havent worked out which one yet

Shaved Kitty

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2009
U.S.A.
In vista64 bit I tested with both the boot camp supplied drivers and the official ATI drivers. Both seemed to work fine, but surprisingly the ATI drivers got about 500 less points in 3dmark06.

I assume it is because of some quality setting that the ATI drivers enable, I just havent worked out which one yet

this really really succk butt... super nice computer, but the graphic card is not working properly when i am in perspective.

let me know what i should do.......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.