Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
is there a mod where i can display the time left (i.e 2:45) AND the percentage (i.e 64%) of the battery in the menu bar??

i'm running OS X 10.5.6 on the MacBook in my sig.

any thoughts??

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
I don't believe it can be done. I'm sure there are battery monitoring widgets you could use if you're a Dashboard fan.

i already use iStat Pro. i was just wondering if you could edit a file/preference with terminal or something to set it.

emt1

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
May I ask why? You can display one or the other and the other one shows up in the menu when you click it.

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
May I ask why? You can display one or the other and the other one shows up in the menu when you click it.

well it saves navigating to the menu bar and clicking on it. that's like saying why have the time on your menu bar

or why use quicksilver to launch applications faster, why use the dock?

just to save time, i'd rather not invoke dashboard, or click the battery icon in the menu bar every time i want to see the other view.

tsadi

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2011
I've always wondered if there's a way to display BOTH percentage and time remaining, but never bothered to search for how.

And seeing as this is a 2 year old post with no answer, then I guess it still can't be done?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.