Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
I have an iso image, which contains a .exe file. the iso image is from a game that runs on windows. once i run the iso image, wine (version 1.0) starts up, and when i run the exe file, in the process window, i see the exe file for maybe 3 seconds, and then it stops. im pretty much a noob, so i dont know if what im trying to do works. would i need to install this game some other way and then run* it using wine? or something else...

007bond

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
DFW, Texas
I have an iso image, which contains a .exe file. the iso image is from a game that runs on windows. once i run the iso image, wine (version 1.0) starts up, and when i run the exe file, in the process window, i see the exe file for maybe 3 seconds, and then it stops. im pretty much a noob, so i dont know if what im trying to do works. would i need to install this game some other way and then run* it using wine? or something else...

just install xp in bootcamp. wine is horrible and also games dont run in wine. you need to use bootcamp

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.