Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJesus

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Reno, Nevada
It always feels good to have a nice clean screen after using iKlear.
A picture I took for my Twitter update:

Attachments

• 5436377.jpg.jpeg
    5436377.jpg.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 529

toolbox

macrumors 68020
Oct 6, 2007
Australia (WA)
My grandmother is 70 years old and she knows how to check her email and do word documents. :)

Heck, I have a grandfather that's 81 and he knows more about computers then my mom does. :p

Wow that is pretty cool, my grandmother is into the computer as well. But she chose to by a toshiba rather then a mac which i strongly suggested she does. My parents are just starting to learn also.

lordsion

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2009
Australia
My (family's) Mac setup hasn't changed at all but here is the pic I posted in the "messy desks" thread recently.

3367912144_c32f6efac7_b.jpg

Click to make big!

What you see behind the mess: iMac, Time Capsule, HP Photosmart all-in-one printer/scan/fax/copy, mine and my mums iPhones, wired keyboard and mouse, and lots of junk. Oh and there is an iPod Mini there too.

Specs: 20" 2Ghz iMac, 1.5GB RAM, 250GB HDD.

Specs. Brings me to my next point.

I'm sure some people are quite interested in the specs other people have, isn't that why we post? Signatures/specs/systems change over time, so how about the specs go in the post so when people come back and look in a year, month or even a week, we know what we see? My specs used to be in my signature, but as I post this, they aren't. Following?

Just my thoughts.

Can i guess ... do you work at Woolworths????? It's just that i get the exact same payslip as you.... Also lol i have that deodorant and all that other Australia stuff! lol

Matingmonkey

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2009
My PPC setup

2 G4s and a Dell Inspiron laptop
100_1817.jpg

Yes, i know, it's a wiring mess, i have no time to fix it up...

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2008
Well for me width is more important then hight. But then again I have 54 extra vertical pixels on my PowerBook compared to a MacBook

cool. for me, i just hide the dock while browsing in certain spaces with Dock Spaces.

most sites i goto i never scroll horizontally, just vertically.

i.e facebook, and MacRumors.

iJesus

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Reno, Nevada
I noticed you like your dock on the side. Why do you like it like that?

It may sound silly but for me I have an easier time rolling my eyes towards the left than down. It seems that my peripheral vision is better side to side than up and down. Plus, it always seems that I pay more attention to the upper 2/3 of my screen than the bottom 1/3. Easier to use.

Perrumpo

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
It may sound silly but for me I have an easier time rolling my eyes towards the left than down. It seems that my peripheral vision is better side to side than up and down. Plus, it always seems that I pay more attention to the upper 2/3 of my screen than the bottom 1/3. Easier to use.

Agreed. I always loved having mine on the left side. But eventually, I got tired of various applications' toolboxes covering it up and having to move them every time. Particularly Adobe CS apps.

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
welcome to the club guys :p

been working there for nearly 5 years :-S........

What's your position? I'm a checkout chap.

Here is my setup, just cleaned it up today. Will stay like this for a few days before it is dirty again. Actually no, its already got crap all over it.

3440371943_c0565f7831_b.jpg

iMac 20" 2GHz, 1.5GB RAM, 1TB Time Capsule, Wired KB and MM, and an HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One. See the Woolworths stickers? :D

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
What's your position? I'm a checkout chap.

Here is my setup, just cleaned it up today. Will stay like this for a few days before it is dirty again. Actually no, its already got crap all over it.

[*]

iMac 20" 2GHz, 1.5GB RAM, 1TB Time Capsule, Wired KB and MM, and an HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One. See the Woolworths stickers? :D

very nice setup!!

im also a checkout-chick haha! too bad they made me sign an agreement yesterday to not say anything about them... otherwise.. you know..

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
very nice setup!!

im also a checkout-chick haha! too bad they made me sign an agreement yesterday to not say anything about them... otherwise.. you know..

Thanks! It's actually the familys setup not mine, but I get it in my room which is nice.

I like it at woolies, pay isn't so good (I'm 15, or did I already mention that?) when compared to other places, but the people I work with are nice.

maclover001

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Figured it was time for a repost as some stuff got moved around and I bought a G5 to use as a web server.

Attachments

• IMG_2872.jpg
    IMG_2872.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_2874.jpg
    IMG_2874.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_2875.jpg
    IMG_2875.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 160

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom

Corey Grandy

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Nova Scotia, Canada
My Mac Setup:

Click to Enlarge

Specs:
  • iMac (2008) 20" - 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
  • iMac (2008) 20" - 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD (Not Pictured)
  • HP w2207h Monitor - Portrait
  • 1TB Seagate External HD
  • 500GB Maxtor External HD
  • 80GB iPod Classic - 6G, Black (Not Pictured)
  • 60GB iPod Video - 5G, White
  • 32GB iPod Touch - 2G, Black
  • 4GB iPod Nano - 4G, Yellow
  • 4GB iPod Mini - 2G, Silver (Not Pictured)
  • 1GB iPod Shuffle - 2G, Lavendar (Not Pictured)
  • 4GB Kingston Flash Drive - Purple
  • 2GB Verbatim Flash Drive - Red (Barely Visible)
  • Apple Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard & Mouse
  • 2 Apple Remotes
  • 32" LG LCD TV
  • 20GB Xbox 360 Premium - Pre-HDMI
  • Toshiba Satellite - 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD (Not Pictured)
  • Logitech 5.1 Surround Speakers/Subwoofer
  • VTech Cordless Phone (1 of 3 Pictured)
  • Canon Powershot SD750 - 7.1MP (Used To Photograph)
  • HP Laserjet P1005
  • Mac-like Paper Bin

Backstory on this setup is that aside from those things underlined (purchased) or italicized (received), I have procured these items since this past Christmas. The setup is very cluttered, but there's so much out there that I want and I have a terrible time not buying everything I want. Being 16, in high school and getting $125/week for 14 hours of work makes many purchases difficult, but, I am a needy kid. I realize that the desk is very cluttered (or that is how it seems when using it physically) and that the monitor is in fact about an inch off of the desk itself, but it's what we purchased when we moved into this house (based on having a moderate-sized room with a very large bed), and I am currently looking at replacing it with a longer, flat desk (rather than this narrow, high monstrosity). Next purchases include and open-face dock for the Touch ($7; thank you DealExtreme), a Shuffle dock (got my Shuffle used and it came with no dock; $3, again from DealExtreme), a Mac Mini (sick of using my laptop as a Media Center) and possibly a MacBook, if the budget I live on can eventually afford one (I've seen last generation models used on a local swap-site for $500, which is not too bad). I'd also like to get a new set of speakers, as these aren't the best, but I can live with them (I never really had a knack for noticing minute differences in sound-quality).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.