Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
Quick question...I thought i read somewhere a while back that since the 2nd gen Shuffle came out, all iPods started shipping with the new headphones which had mics in them...is this correct?

Has anyone bought a 2nd gen iPod touch lately that can confirm/deny this?

Corey Grandy

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Nova Scotia, Canada
I purchased a new 32GB Touch this past Saturday (the 11th) and the headphones are the general Apple headphones. I had heard the same thing and really wish it would have been true, because I'd much rather being able to switch songs without taking my entire iPod out of my pocket and whatnot (the remote appeals more than the mic for me). It is possible, I suppose, that I was given an older model that has been there since before the new Shuffle was released, or that the 32GB Touch's do not come with it or some crazy Apple mumbo jumbo.

lilkoolaidman

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2009
Hell, Colorado
gaaah Why can't apple ship iPods with their In-Ear buds w/ mic and controls? The earbuds are the only thing keeping iPods from completely dominating the mp3 player market. Oh, and to answer your question, no they do not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.