Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrob44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
I'm the Network Admin for my company and our Marketing Director just got a new MB Pro.

I've used directory services and he can sign in and authenticate with his Windows AD credentials with no issue as well as access all resources.

Problem is he travels a lot and needs to be able to login off of our internal network. Windows will cache login creds for offline logins. Is there a way to allow this in OS X also?

Thanks in advance for any help.

mgodfre3

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2006
Cached AD credentials

You need to look into mobile accounts on the mbp. This will allow you to cache credentials. I would also highly consider using Workgroup Manager if you start to see more macs come in from deployment. Also an open directory, tied to AD would be usefull to push policies like mobile accounts and such. Use MakeMacWork.com. It's a lifesaver!

mrob44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
You need to look into mobile accounts on the mbp. This will allow you to cache credentials. I would also highly consider using Workgroup Manager if you start to see more macs come in from deployment. Also an open directory, tied to AD would be usefull to push policies like mobile accounts and such. Use MakeMacWork.com. It's a lifesaver!

Thank You! In all my internet searching, you are the only person to have a solid answer. Great site as well!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.