Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vonswanko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
I am new to the developing arena, and am trying to load my first app on my phone for testing.

I have made my provisioning profile, put it on my test phone, build for device, and keep getting the following error

error: can't exec '/usr/bin/codesign' (No such file or directory)

I have searched for the file, and searched for help. Anyone else with this problem?

Vonswanko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Hey thanks for the help. I have the target set to Device 3.0 debug, and still get the error. I looked for the exec file in developer/usr/bin but nothing is in there. I'm at a dead end with this. I posted the same topic on the ADC iPhone forums also.

MrMac208

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2009
by any chance were u using the beta 3 or 2 for this? I seem to be having similar problems.

Vonswanko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
by any chance were u using the beta 3 or 2 for this? I seem to be having similar problems.

I have been using all the betas. Apple Dev helped me sort things out. Seems the file was there, but had been renamed some how. It went from codesign to codesign.orginal. I ran terminal to rename and viola, can now build and install on my device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.