Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frittino

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
Rome, Italy
Hi All,
I wonder if Apple Retail Store (not the online store) sell refurbished Mac.
I will visit UK next month and I'd like to buy a refurbished Mac.

ta

macgrl

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
No, I don't think that you can. The refurbished models are only available from the online store. :)

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
Apple Retail stores very very occasionally sell refurb or old model Macs. I've been to Regent Street twice when they've had all the old Macs out (boxed) on the shop floor with big discount labels on them - you simply go pick up the box you want and pay for it. They also had third party stuff for cheap too.

However, it is certainly not normal and they don't announce when they're doing it. The online method is the only reliable way of finding a refurb or older Mac.

frittino

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
Rome, Italy
Apple Retail stores very very occasionally sell refurb or old model Macs. I've been to Regent Street twice when they've had all the old Macs out (boxed) on the shop floor with big discount labels on them - you simply go pick up the box you want and pay for it. They also had third party stuff for cheap too.

However, it is certainly not normal and they don't announce when they're doing it. The online method is the only reliable way of finding a refurb or older Mac.

I'm from Italy and buyinig in UK is cheaper. From Apple Store UK it seems is not possible to buy a refurb and ship it to Italy.
Is it possible to buy from a different Apple Store from your own country?

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
No. The UK store will only ship to the UK, and the same for all other regions. The only way round it is to possibly find a third party reseller who will ship to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.