Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uaecasher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Stillwater, OK
hello, i wanted to know how can i change my voice to someone's voice? is it possible ? what values should i change.

I have soundbooth cs4

thank you

Dr Sound

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2009
Roxborough Park Colorado
I am not sure what SoundBooth is capable of, but some things to try.

Add Reverb
Add EQ..
Vocodor is available..
Adjust Pitch

You can pretty much do what you want Play around with it.. AutoTune is also a good tool if you have it

uaecasher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Stillwater, OK
what about soundtrack pro ? and can AutoTune do the job let me be more clear in what i want:

i want to change my voice to an actor voice, I can get his voice sample from any movie.

If AutoTune can do the job i might get it but 400$ omg :eek:

Dr Sound

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2009
Roxborough Park Colorado
No i would not shell it out $400 for autotune as it WONT make you sound like an actors voice..

I would say make a track with your Voice.. Then make a Track with the Actors Voice ..

I would then mess with any of the tools you currently have and adjust them to make them sound like the Actor.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
hello, i wanted to know how can i change my voice to someone's voice? is it possible ?

do you mean that you want to take your voice and use software to make it sound like, say, Robert DeNiro's? if so, then the answer is no, it is not possible.

iNash

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2009
Hanslope, UK
do you mean that you want to take your voice and use software to make it sound like, say, Robert DeNiro's? if so, then the answer is no, it is not possible.

Agreed, the concept of changing pitch etc is great in theory however the biggest problem you will face in trying to achieve this is the fact that no amount of editing can change your accent. Sorry

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
what about soundtrack pro ? and can AutoTune do the job let me be more clear in what i want:

i want to change my voice to an actor voice, I can get his voice sample from any movie.

If AutoTune can do the job i might get it but 400$ omg :eek:

Well, it can help you do the job. Here is an analogy

Let's say I wanted to put my face on the body of a swim suit model and have it look like she is on the moon diving into a crater filled with water. So I post on Macrouters asking if there is any software where I can just select "moon", pick a model and so on then click "OK" and have my image. People will say "no" but point be to Photoshop. With Photoshop a skilled graphic artist can make that image. But it would not be easy to make it look natural and not faked

Same here. You could record your impression of John Wayne and then use some audio editing tools to "fix it up". For example you make find that Wayne held a long "A" sound a bit longer then you did and he used a higher pitch on that "A". Then you could use something like Autotune to lengthen and re-picth that one vowel sound. You'd have to listen and "correct" one syllable at a time. But unless the impression you recorded was half way good to begin with you could never fix it. Tools like Autotune are best used to correct small mistakes here and there and sound really horrible and fake if over used. None of this is automated. You are going to need someone with some skill and experience to do the work.

Autotune has competitors. There are other programs like it. Some of them are free.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
You could record your impression of John Wayne and then use some audio editing tools to "fix it up".

indeed, and i reckon the performance is 95% of the equation. so if the original performance doesn't sound like John Wayne, then no amount of software tweaking will suffice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.