Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tradewind

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
Anyone know of a very good turn-based RPG for iPhone 3G in iTunes store, with good graphics similar to Chronicles of Inotia, good music, and multiple language settings? The only one I know of right now is Vay, and I was going to get that until I read reviews about a major flaw: items have no visible stats so it's impossible to compare new equipment with old. I'm going to hold off getting this until the developers fix this bug.
I already have Chronicles of Inotia downloaded, though I haven't started playing yet.
The store doesn't have too many RPGs out right now, I can only think of like 3-4 right now. I'm a fan of many C- and J-RPGs and I love turn-based combat.
Thanks.
Oh by the way my phone isn't jailbroken or installerApp-ed (though I'm thinking about doing it, just comparing different ways to see which one is the safest and restorable to the original warranty-covered condition), so only iTunes store apps please.

shabbado

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2009
Las Vegas
BUMP for this... I would love to see a good RPG for the iPhone... Final Fantasy anyone?

If anyone is interested in developing such things, send me a message and maybe we can get something going.

B master

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2009
Try arvale!

It's fun, good graphics (like final fantasy 1-3), great story, turn based combat, and cheap!

Tradewind

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
Arvale's gameplay looks good, though I don't like its interface very much. 1/3 of the screen is blocked by its control pad and menu buttons.

B master

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2009
Actually...

Arvale's gameplay looks good, though I don't like its interface very much. 1/3 of the screen is blocked by its control pad and menu buttons.
At first the interface is kinda awkward but after a while you'll get used to it.

Tradewind

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
I wish these RPGs would each have a demo version... especially the more expensive ones. It makes sense to try something out before buying.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
They fixed that in Vay like 6 months ago...you should try it, it's a port of an old SegaCD RPG. The dialogue kinda sucks since they tried to update it, but it's still a good game if like classic J-RPG's.

Khryz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2007
I just downloaded UniWar, it's turn-based but I don't know much about it and haven't played it yet.

Tradewind

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
Uniwar isn't an RPG, it's more like a two-player game of chess using vehicles and monsters as its pieces.

Gorg

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2009
I'm trying out Quest Lite right now and I'll probably end up getting the full version. I've also downloaded Underworld Lite but haven't really played it all that much.

conmon18

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2011
try Dungeon Hunters

I'm not sure if thats the kind of game that you are looking for, but I have beaten the game twice and have really enjoyed it, or Dungeon Hunters 2 if it's out yet...:)

chubidu

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2012
turn based

I am not sure my opinion will be useful as i dont like inotia-like rpg (all the same boring games, zenonia etc),

however i would advise either

- battle of wesnoth (but this is slow, with limited rpg -u dont built / custom your avatar but highly strategic)

http://www.wesnoth.org/

- and a new good one called Arenas, Trial of Valor. This is turn based fantasy battles, a bit like battlehearts but this is online and lot more advanced in term of feature/rules. 2D graphism are ok, spells magic really cool, and lot lot of monsters/spells.

http://www.TrialOfValor.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.