Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilkoolaidman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Hell, Colorado
ok, so what happened was, apparently iTunes shared music and videos with my Zune folder (I know, I know, I used to have one **** Already! ;) ), and I thought it would be ok to delete my Zune folder, because I thought iTunes copied all the files. Now, I have a bunch of broken song folders in iTunes. However, my iPod still has all my music on it. So now, I'm scared to do anything. But my question is, how can I put all the songs from my iPod back on to my computer? and when I do that, can I delete all songs on iTunes (since they're on my iPod and I don't want duplicates) and not lose them off my iPod and forever?:confused: please make the instructions so a n00b like myself can understand :) thanks in advanced.

oh and btw, I have an iPod touch (1st gen), and Windows XP OS
P.S. I added most all of my album art manually is there a way to preserve that?

lilkoolaidman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Hell, Colorado
Since those programs are trials, will they do everything right? or just half way like some other programs for ripping dvds. And will this keep my album art? and (sry for the qs) my iPod only shows up under "My Computer" as a camera, and I can only view the pictures (I have "view hidden folders" selected), so is there a way with out using a program?

lilkoolaidman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Hell, Colorado
Please Help!

I tried senuti and it only did one song (whoopteedoo), so I found another program but it didn't copy my album art and put all my music in unknown artist, unknown album! Please Help! now I have no music in iTunes and I'm affraid to even connect my iPod, because iTunes said "all music that syncs with ipod will also be removed" or something like that.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
I tried senuti and it only did one song (whoopteedoo), so I found another program but it didn't copy my album art and put all my music in unknown artist, unknown album! Please Help! now I have no music in iTunes and I'm affraid to even connect my iPod, because iTunes said "all music that syncs with ipod will also be removed" or something like that.

That's because Senuti is not freeware. Sometimes you have to pay in order to get software that does what you want.

You could try PodView, but I'm not sure that'll do what you want either.

Barbie

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2009
ocean
Use iPodRip !!!

When I was in the exact same predicament you are in, that app came in handy. You can 'rip' 100 songs from your iPod or iPhone for free, then you must register the app.

Barbie.

lilkoolaidman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Hell, Colorado
Use iPodRip !!!

When I was in the exact same predicament you are in, that app came in handy. You can 'rip' 100 songs from your iPod or iPhone for free, then you must register the app.

Barbie.

I have about 2,000 songs soooooo... are you sure it only rips 100 songs? artwork?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.