Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gothamm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
I need to check the date i took the picture of my two kitties, since that was the first day i bought them home and that will be their birthday. Their 1st bday should be coming up soon, and i would like to know how one can do this.

cymrulp

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2008
Uk
dont think you can from the phone itself, will have to download to computer and check properties.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
dont think you can from the phone itself, will have to download to computer and check properties.
You'll have to load the picture onto a computer and read the EXIF data. Most photo editing programs can do this. If you don't have one, post the picture here and we can give you the info.

gothamm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
thanks for the response everyone.

I am aware of iphoto...but i believe the date given in iphoto (cmmd+i), is the date the picture was imported, not when the picture was taken.

Andruw91

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2008
Connecticut
Maybe this will be the new thing that people ask Apple for in a new firmware update now. I have a 3 year old Nextel phone that I use now (until the new iphone comes out in June) that save the picture default name to the date and has a dash to indicate how many pictures were on that date (Apr20-001, Apr20-002, etc). Maybe in 3.1 you'll be able to tell the date of the picture right on the phone. It doesn't seem to be a hard thing to do

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
I am aware of iphoto...but i believe the date given in iphoto (cmmd+i), is the date the picture was imported, not when the picture was taken.
Unless you modify it, the EXIF is of the date the photograph was taken. Check it for yourself.

Kurios2

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
There's one EXIF app called Lab for 99 cents and I really like that one. Do a search for EXIF and you'll find a few free ones. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.