Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
I would like to see everyone's SELF PORTRAIT. It doesn't necessarily have to be a photo, could be a drawing, cartoon, collage, etc... I would just like to see how people picture themselves in imagery. Here's mine...

Attachments

• self-bridge.jpg
    self-bridge.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 690

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
mnkeybsness said:
I would like to see everyone's SELF PORTRAIT. It doesn't necessarily have to be a photo, could be a drawing, cartoon, collage, etc... I would just like to see how people picture themselves in imagery. Here's mine...

Actually, that's a pretty cool shot there. I like the bridge & how it frames u. ;)

Here's one of mine. It's been posted in the past I'm sure.

Attachments

• DSC_1272_bw.jpg
    DSC_1272_bw.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 295

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Eye with no shirt!! :eek:

Trying to scare everyone away? :p :D

I'll have to dig up one I haven't posted before....

D

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
mnkeybsness said:
I would like to see everyone's SELF PORTRAIT. ... I would just like to see how people picture themselves in imagery. Here's mine...

Got to like black hats. Got to find another one.

Attachments

• JED79P_1.jpg
    JED79P_1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 273

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
This is more a portrait of what I would rather be doing instead of punching a time clock everyday. 20 years ago I lived in a little town called Green Valley (elv. 3,000') that was 44 miles north of downtown Los Angeles. I would drive north to the desert and to this day I can remember how good those tasted.

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
and today.... ahhhh I am stuck watching the snow melt in Up-State New York. but I remember Morro Bay 18 years later :>)

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
(quietly loads photoshop)

i dunno. i'd be kinda scary to see what people are like. i mean, just like you listen to a radio station, and you have this image of the hosts, btu then you go to the website, and you're disappointed. i'll leave everyone guessing, because you all want to see what i look like ;)

baby.gif

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I will include photos of forum members that are posted in this thread in the MacRumors Members Photo Directory, since this thread is similar in purpose to the MacRumors pics! thread. And, starting recently, members can also attach a photo of themselves to their member profile. So you have lots of chances to show off!

Note: Anyone who wants to be excluded from the Directory can send me a private message.

Doctor Q

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
My self-image (and I hope my reputation) is a friendly helpful know-it-all, like Mr. Peabody the dog.

2003-06-04-maney.jpg

I hope I don't project a Nick Burns image instead. "Move!"

nickburns2.JPG

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Earendil said:
I like to think my Mac is tied to who I am. It makes a nice Apple plug, which is pretty useless on an Apple site :D
Not useless at all. It's a great way to ingratiate yourself to the Mac boosters here!

Is that you in the photo? What filter did you use to make it come out that way?

Earendil

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2003
Washington
Doctor Q said:
Not useless at all. It's a great way to ingratiate yourself to the Mac boosters here!

Is that you in the photo? What filter did you use to make it come out that way?

Yeah, it's me in the photo. Taken at Chicago International Airport, on my way back from Urbana. Not a great picture of me(or the airport for that matter), but PS really brings ugly detail to beautiful light.
The filter is called "Glowing Edges", I believe it's under "stylize" but I don't remember off hand. If you can't find it PM me and I'll fire up classic/photoshop and give you a path.

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Earendil said:
I like to think my Mac is tied to who I am.

It makes a nice Apple plug, which is pretty useless on an Apple site :D

It makes a great Apple plug;you should get a free dual processor G-whatever when it comes out in whenever! That's a very nice implementation of glowing edges.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.