Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
French canadiens suck, especially the habs fans.

The english part of canada is fine though.

**** THE HABS

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2009/news?id=4087139

I don't see any places in the US booing O Canada. They're just a bunch of disrespectful douchebags. Wait until they start rioting in the streets tonight after they lose.

It's sports fans. Many sports fans are disrespectful douchebags. Ever been to Wrigley Field for Cubs vs Cardinals? Every single person there is an a**hole. It has nothing to do with being Canadian.

LeahM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
I resent all this Habs fan hating. This is reminding me of elections, because 1 or 2 or 1500 supporters act disrespectful doesn't mean that the rest of the fans/supporters are disrespectful.

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
I don't see any places in the US booing O Canada. They're just a bunch of disrespectful douchebags. Wait until they start rioting in the streets tonight after they lose.

061024_92ws_flag_blog.jpg

1992 World Series, Game 2. No booing, but a FAIL nonetheless by the US Marines.
We were happy enough to let them come up to Toronto to try it again in Game 3, but not before we beat Atlanta 5-4.

GGGUUUYYY

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2009
I'm just interested to know what Americans HONESTLY think of Canada.

I've talked to some people who think Canadians should all be excecuted (They were completely serious too o_o) and some people who wish they could move here.

I'm just interested what Americans actually think :) And please, be brutally honest.

Why do you care? I've got problem with Canadian always asking what other countries think or asking Canadian trivia.

I'm Canadian aswell

macdim

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2007
Canada
Why do you care? I've got problem with Canadian always asking what other countries think or asking Canadian trivia.

I'm Canadian aswell

I agree. I think Canadians as a whole, feel insecure. I am Canadian, and proud to be it. I don't really care what other nations think of ours. As long as the country performs to its potential and it's a great place to live, I'll be here.

The hockey and beautiful women help too... but that may be common elsewhere in the world :)

maclover001

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Canadians are cool! :) I think of Canadians as similar to Americans, but less obese and more tolerant of cold weather. I don't really know much about Canadian history other than the fact that it was settled by both the French and the British, hence the different languages and provinces.

The most common stereotypes associated with Canada in the US are Maple Syrup, Maple Leaves, Hockey, "Eh", "Aboot", and Mooses.

I'm from Canada (Vancouver). I can understand the "eh", but I have yet to meet someone who says "aboot".

The only thing I don't like about this country is we usually get the short end of the stick with electronics. We had to wait a year to get the iPhone, and even now, it's stuck on Rogers Wireless which is bloody expensive.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Canadian government has spent $100s of $millions of dollars, over 10 or 20 years on advertising in America, to convince Americans that Canada is a modern, hip, urban, funky, multicultural, exciting place to visit.

A place with festivals, culture, culinary delights, museums and galleries. A Place to visit to challenge the mind, the senses, and your perhaps your perceptions. The federal and provincial governments have spent scads of money to counteract the "boring, nice, polite" stereotype.

Listed below are quotes taken from the previous 139+ posts - quotes from people expressing how they feel about about a Canada.

As a Canadian, let me just say ....

I WANT MY TAX MONEY BACK!!!!

Canadians are cool!

I think Canada is ok in my book too.

I think they're just fine people

every single Canadian person I've met has been lovely, well mannered, and respectful.

Canada is like a nice family living above a biker bar.

I thought everyone there(B.C. area) was really nice and very polite.

Canadians I have met are very nice people and I wouldn't mind going up for a visit someday.

you other Canadians are cool

Canadians are hotties with cool accents.

Most of the Canadians I've known are great (with only one exception). I like their accents too.

Most say that the Canadians are in general politer, kinder, cleaner and much better dressed and presentable

Canada: Cold, marginally better beer than the US. hockey, mounties, Quebec, Canadian football

I have nothing against Canadians

I also love your national anthem.

Special thanks for hockey and maple syrup.

my ancestors came from there so they can't be all that bad

I think it's a fine country. It certainly is beautiful.

Canada has it pretty well together. It's a lovely place with lovely people.

from what I've heard you all are good people.

Great drivers.

better educated and smarter than we are. The accents are sexy too.

I know a few Canadians and they are all nice people.

Canada as the quiet neighbor next door

They are more open and welcoming to different kinds of people

they keep their streets far cleaner than we do

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
^Oooo congrats, let's just say you've made it very well known how much you disapprove of the US.

Good luck.

NOTE: I am not turning this into a political thread. I'm just stating what I've seen of his posts

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.