Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
I have a Mac with the American iTunes store.

My girlfriend has a windows PC with the Japanese iTunes store.

She likes a lot of my music, which she can't get through the Japanese store.

How can I transfer songs from my iTunes to her iTunes? Obviously using Senuti is out since she has a windows PC. I can put the songs on her iPod easily enough, but she can't get them onto her computer and will have to reformat her iPod for windows anyway to put anything from her computer on the ipod.

Any way to get my songs into her library? Thanks.

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
Are the computers networked? If so, you should be able to copy the files over the network, then import them into her iTunes library. Otherwise, you could use a thumb drive or external hard drive.

Earley008

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2008
If I have understood correctly ...

I update my families iPod using my mac and they are Windows formatted and to get the songs but them all on her iPod and then she can transfer the purchases by right clicking it. However her computer needs to be authorized to use your account.

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
Any way to get my songs into her library? Thanks.

Do you have a USB flash drive? An external hard drive? You could also burn the mp3's to a data CD and then she can drag and drop them into her iTunes.

Also, there are programs like Senuti for Windows that allow you to take music from your iPod and put them into iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.