Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Hey guys,
Like the title says, I'm looking for a 99 cent game that doesn't get boring for a while. I looked at Doodle Jump, but I don't really like that type of gameplay. Crazy Tanks looks cool, and I loved the lite version, but I don't know if 30 levels is enough to keep me entertained. Any suggestions?

senorian

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2008
Flight Control is pretty addicting. I still can't get higher then 60.
Pocket God is one of my favorites.
I heard Idracula is pretty good but I don't know if it's 99 cents right now.

Woodse23

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2009
Flight Control, ParkingLot and FlickFishing are the ones I enoy the most. PockeyGod and StickWars I didnt enjoy as much as I thought that I might.

iPodGator

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2009
Count me as one who doesn't care too much for Pocket God.

Reality is, ALL iphone/ipod touch games get boring after awhile.

Some $.99 apps that I enjoyed for longer than most is:

iQuarterback
Baseball '09
Box Drop
Flight Control
Das Boot: The Hunt for U-505
Cordelia

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Appsniper. Yes, I know it's not a game. But I have gotten so many awesome games that went on sale for $1 or free because of it, it's invaluable. Spend your dollar on it and you'll be very happy. It's also great for new apps that aren't available in the app store right away even when you search for some reason, but you can get to them through links from apps like appsniper or sites like appshopper.

B master

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2009
My suggestions

Scoops!- infinite fun & replayabilty!
&
Otto Matic!(while on sale!)- Pangea software's best game ever!

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Flight Control. Now with the new update (high scores and resume on interruption), it really has me playing more in order to try and get the best score in my area (Currently #6).

vivithemage

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
pocket god sucks...I do not understand what is so great about it.

flight control is fun, geo defense too.

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Pocket God Personally

No offense, but Pocket God doesn't seem like my kind of game. But that could be because I don't really understand what you are supposed to do in it. :cool:

Flight Control is pretty addicting. I still can't get higher then 60.
Pocket God is one of my favorites.
I heard Idracula is pretty good but I don't know if it's 99 cents right now.
Same as above for Pocket God, and I'll look into iDracula.

geoDefense

Flight Control, ParkingLot and FlickFishing are the ones I enoy the most. PockeyGod and StickWars I didnt enjoy as much as I thought that I might.
Thanks, that helps a lot. Many people are leaning toward Flight Control. Are there different levels or is it just like where you have to keep trying over and over to get a higher score?

Count me as one who doesn't care too much for Pocket God.

Reality is, ALL iphone/ipod touch games get boring after awhile.

Some $.99 apps that I enjoyed for longer than most is:

iQuarterback
Baseball '09
Box Drop
Flight Control
Das Boot: The Hunt for U-505
Cordelia

Yep, that's true. I'll look into those also. So far Flight Control is winning.

Appsniper. Yes, I know it's not a game. But I have gotten so many awesome games that went on sale for $1 or free because of it, it's invaluable. Spend your dollar on it and you'll be very happy. It's also great for new apps that aren't available in the app store right away even when you search for some reason, but you can get to them through links from apps like appsniper or sites like appshopper.

I already have that, and it's great, but pretty unreliable.

Hands down The Treasures of Montezuma!

Never heard of it, I'll be sure to look into it!

Scoops!- infinite fun & replayabilty!
&
Otto Matic!(while on sale!)- Pangea software's best game ever!

I'll look into those also! Never heard of them.

Flight Control. Now with the new update (high scores and resume on interruption), it really has me playing more in order to try and get the best score in my area (Currently #6).

Like the statement above, does it have levels or just one level where you have to keep trying over and over to get a higher score?

pocket god sucks...I do not understand what is so great about it.

flight control is fun, geo defense too.

Yep, me too! I'll look into Flight Control because that is quite popular on this thread so far! I'll also consider Geo Defense!

Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate the help! I'll look into the above games and let you know what I learn about them. Thanks again!

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Like the statement above, does it have levels or just one level where you have to keep trying over and over to get a higher score?

Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate the help! I'll look into the above games and let you know what I learn about them. Thanks again!

Yes. It is the same level and you try over and over again to get a higher score. The developers also said the next update is going to have new airports and vehicles :). So far it's great though.

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Yes. It is the same level and you try over and over again to get a higher score. The developers also said the next update is going to have new airports and vehicles :). So far it's great though.

Thanks! I know a lot of people may like that, but I get frustrated trying to beat my own score. A game I really like was [app]Chopper[/app] (iTunes link), if that helps. There are 4 difficulty levels with 20 levels in each. Anyone know something similar? Thanks again!

ladysman

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
I like flight control as well but I have to say lately, i'm addicted to Track and field. :D

Just got hooked pretty quickly and it's been sticking.

gojira

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2003
NYC
99¢ Games

Well, it looks like we all like the same games!

Pocket God. It's silly and fun and stupid. I love it!

geoDefense. Great sound and graphics. HARD. (for me at least)

Nanosaur 2 is on sale for 99¢. BUY IT! Actually, I think all the Pangea games are on sale for 99¢ for the next week.

RealMaze 3D. Walk through 3D mazes.

Check this out. GREAT games. NOT for 99¢.
http://www.imgawards.com/nominee_fiche.php

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
Not worth it at $3.99. I say this because when the game has a lot off blasting happening the iPhone slows down, it just isn't powerful enough for the game. I even had it crash on my iPhone. With all this in mind I would only pay $.99 for Geodefense.

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
I've never had geoDefense crash on me...

I've tried flight control, dunno, if a game isn't semi-realistic, then I just can't get into it. Commercial airliners making a complete 180 turnaround on a single point just isn't realistic at all.

I got geoDefense at 99 cents. My only complaint is that it can be hard to see what's happening with all the explosions at the end of the medium difficulty rounds (I've gotten no further).

vivithemage

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Not worth it at $3.99. I say this because when the game has a lot off blasting happening the iPhone slows down, it just isn't powerful enough for the game. I even had it crash on my iPhone. With all this in mind I would only pay $.99 for Geodefense.

never had that issue,,,I got GEO DEFENSE when it was 99 cents as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.