Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ejbenjamin

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2005
I searched through the replies but didn't see any mention of it, so...

Can anyone tell if iTunes 8.2 will fix the horrendous breakage of iPod shuffle 2G syncing?

aslucher

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2008
Not to mention the bitrate is massacred with these online downloads.

For people with home theaters, blu-ray discs are the way to go. Blu-ray won't fail unless a better format comes out (one that is cheaper). I have a theater for a reason so why would I bother watching crippled movies if there are blu-ray versions (full hd) available.

YESS!!!! Thats why I cant buy movies online, they can say HD all they want cuz technically it is but the bitrate makes a HUGE HUGE difference and with blu-ray its 40 mbps! yaya!

btw Im getting so angry that apple wont include a manual close app back into 3.0! when an app freezes I want to close it and not have to wait! im not a very patient person lol

TurboLag

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2004
For those missing the call button

What I do it open Notes, type in the phone number, then return. You can then press the number to call.

luv2hum

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2009
is this bug STILL there?? man, that is annoying as hell that you lose the entire bottom bar of the keypad (with the dial button etc..)

here's a screeny from beta3

194526995749ED5A8F58DBF.jpg

this was such a pain, started happening way to frequently.....i hope beta 4 clears this up...

zombitronic

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2007
Apple made quite significant improvements to DVD Player for Leopard, and I don't see them chucking that away to use iTunes to play DVDs instead.

And gibbz, the work they're doing on Quicktime X won't be lost on iTunes. Don't forget, at the core of iTunes is Quicktime. Why do you think you can't install iTunes without it? :)

There's no reason that DVD Player would have to be chucked anywhere. DVD Player could just be operated via the iTunes front-end, just as QuickTime is operated via the iTunes front-end.

robmorgan78

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2002
Portland, Oregon
Have a question.
I am traveling through Europe.
I have a dev. account want to update to beta 4 but not sure if I can do that since at home I am on ATT and out here ( right now on N Telenor(Norway))
any thoughts?
Would hate to lose my phone service out here.
Thanks in advance.

I updated to beta 2 in Amsterdam though, I was still using AT&T unlimited data ($69 a month)

thelordnyax

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2008
I have no idea what you are referring to, as far as i know, every beta so far has been installed using option+restore, not option+update, I think you might be mistaken.

I did beta 1 as a shift+restore (on a PC) and every beta since as a shift+check for update, including beta 4

i'm glad i didn't have to restore...that would've been a pain...

ncsmith4

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2007
Got beta 4 installed, and now it restored from my backup of beta 3, but now when its doing the sync, it is putting everything (music, apps, etc) under the "Other" category as it fills up the phone. Any idea what's going on with that? Anyone else seeing the same thing?

njones

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2008
Can anyone confirm that you can still downgrade to 2.2.1 from 3.0b4 in the same manner as you could the first 3 betas?

kahi

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2009
Okay so this is my first version of the beta. Any luck on getting MMS to work? I am having zero :(

spikeddy13

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2009
SW Florida
Have you encountered this before?

I've gone through each beta release and haven't seen iTunes perform this action until I restored to beta 4 today. After restoring from backup and syncing everything, I forced another backup afterwards and noticed this message at the top of the iTunes 8.2 pre-release window. Haven't noticed this in previous builds, but I usually hide iTunes when I'm syncing, so just wondering really.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 933

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Okay so this is my first version of the beta. Any luck on getting MMS to work? I am having zero :(

My MMS is working. Working since beta 2. Didn't work for a few days in beta 3, but then started working again. Worked on first try in beta 4. Using AT&T in the US, have a Family Unlimited Messaging plan.

kahi

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2009
My MMS is working. Working since beta 2. Didn't work for a few days in beta 3, but then started working again. Worked on first try in beta 4. Using AT&T in the US, have a Family Unlimited Messaging plan.

beta 4 is the first one I installed on my phone
-- not working at all
--phone I put the sim card in on the switch wouldn't work on the edge network for some reason at all
--having a friend come over to attempt the sim switch with their phone (hopefully that's all it is -- I'm inpatient I want mms now :p)

Tweak3D

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2007
I am in the same boat myself. I reverted to 2.2.1 because up to beta 2, I was unable to connect to my pioneer HU. I would be very interested if you can successfully connect to yours with beta 4.

The pioneer avic n4 has worked fine since beta 3 for me and I will be testing beta 4 here shortly.

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
So just because Apple is including linking to DVD meta data and BluRay, does that mean that they would possibly be adding support to iTunes to rip DVDs? Would it even be legal for them to do that?

I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE that but I don't think it will happen. I just wanna know if it is even a possibility legally etc.

shark0

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2009
phone calls in ring only once

since updating to beta 4, my incoming phone calls ring once and then disconnect, it did not have this issue with beta 3.

imanta

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2005

How did you get this to work, what did you modify to expose this? I'm in the same boat, but have never seen this working ever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.