Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativeboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2009
I tried every possible solution on the internet and on youtube. Today I hacked my iphone 3g just to use it for safari and ipod. I also removed the Sim card because i ended my contract with ATT. The version is now 2.2.1 after using QuickPwn. My home internet service provider is Verizon DSL and i think that could be the problem. I found my network and typed in the password and i thought that would be it but when i click on safari the error message comes up saying Could not connect to the internet.

Any suggestions on how I can connect to my Verizon DSL wifi? Is their a way to do this all manually? Thank you for all suggestions.

creativeboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2009
Is it only Safari not working?
Are you connecting to the network?

Well i guess if wifi is not connected through my home's verizon DSL to my phone then my phone is not connected to the network. Sorry i forgot to mention that before.

I know my network's password but for some reason it can't connect to the wifi at all. Could my use of Quickpwn and version 2.2.1. be the issue?

Also If you wouldn't mind explaining why my iphone camera is blacked out and i cant take any pictures.

tiboy

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2010
Solution MAYBE

I turned off my router for atleast 10 secs. I turned it on, then my internet is back.

I have the same problem with my laptop. So, i tried the solution with my phone. I guess my laptop and my phone has the same problem - IP configuration....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.