Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hopefull

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2009
I recently-ish converted to the Mac from Windows, and with it my MP3 collection migrated too. Unfortunately I cannot find a decent free MP3 ID3 (metadata tag) editor to replace MP3 Book Helper (mp3bookhelper.sourceforge.net) on Windows.

Itunes is rather cumbersome as information needs to be entered in manually and individually.

Does anybody know any good ID3 editors for the Mac?

nhexima

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2007
I know this is a old bump, but I have been looking for a program like Tagr for AGES. Thank you so much.

Mad4WDW

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2010
Thanks!

I know this is a old bump, but I have been looking for a program like Tagr for AGES. Thank you so much.

Yes I joined to post this message. I've switched to a Mac about 3 months ago and have been looking for a decent tag editor to replace Tag & Rename. FINALLY I have it. Thanks a lot this is great

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I realize this is an old thread but is Tagr still one of the better mp3 taggers out there?

yashrg

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2008
I checked out TAG. Kind of surprising to find a software last updated in 2006 still works :) But unfortunately doesn't work with MP3 files.

Tagr on the other hand… opens and seems to work. But my problem with MP3 files that have iD3 v2 and won't open in iTunes is still not resolved. If anyone knows an app that can remove ID3 v2 please share.

Last edited:

PrakashN

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2015
I checked out TAG. Kind of surprising to find a software last updated in 2006 still works :) But unfortunately doesn't work with MP3 files.

Tagr on the other hand… opens and seems to work. But my problem with MP3 files that have iD3 v2 and won't open in iTunes is still not resolved. If anyone knows an app that can remove ID3 v2 please share.

I have been using kid3 for years.. http://kid3.sourceforge.net/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.