Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macintosh.apple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Does anyone have a crack on the leaf of the apple logo an their macbook? I have two, one on the the top of the leaf and one on the bottom and it goes all the way to the apple. It is annoying the crap out of me. Is there anyway apple will fix this? I think white macbooks are more likely to get this.

ctnguye3

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2008
I also had a similar damage to my apple logo on my Macbook air, except the white plastic was not crack, but loose and barely attached to the notebook casing..I was surprise for such an expensive hardware, they only use tape to attach the apple logo to the aluminum casing. At first I thought about leaving it alone, since it was only cosmetic damage, but the more I thought about it, the more annoy I got...eventually I took it to the Apple store and had them check it over, within 20 mins, I walked out with a brand new Macbook air (I didn't have a receipt because the Macbook Air was purchased on eBay, but the Apple employee check the warranty and notice it was only about three weeks old, so he offer to exchange it). I would definitely take it to an Apple store or call them up, if the Macbook Air is less than two weeks (or in my case three) old, they should exchange it for free, if you had it longer than that, they will probably repair it.

MacFanatic08

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2008
Apple should almost definitely replace the MBA. They have excellent customer service, so bring it in. :)

macintosh.apple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 26, 2008
here is a picture

Attachments

• Image004.jpg
    Image004.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 695

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I have a crack extending upwards from the leaf just like you. Did apple replace it?

Yet another problem with my Macbook.

zer0tails

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Canada
how hot is your macbook running? I'm wondering if the cracks are a result of heat or just build quality in general like the cracked palm rests.

In any case, I suggest taking it to the genius bar to get it looked at and more importantly documented. :)

HackerManOmar

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2009
Same

Same thing happened to me, My school called up :apple:apple.:mad:
Apple said ''It is caused by pressure'' WTF:confused:

I barley put any pressure on mine:confused:, and in my school they stack laptops up like a stack of 40-50 laptops (MacBooks) and none of the school laptops have cracks on them and there is like 800 MacBooks at my school :confused:

SPEEDwithJJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
Maybe call AppleCare again or try taking your MB to an Apple store for the Geniuses to check it out? :confused: Good luck. :)

mousouchop

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
New York
Wow, that is completely crazy... You would never think that cracks like that would happen. The top/under casing is so much thicker than the casing at the palmrest where these cases are known for cracking at.

I can't imagine that they wouldn't fix that. They fix the palmrests out of warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.