Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mskorup8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2009
South Bend, IN
I have th emost recent firmware on my ps3 and most recent OS on my macs. However, I am struggling to find a good program that works that allows me to stream with my PS3. I could buy an Apple TV but I would have to have another "box" in my home theatre set-up. Can anyone help?
:eek:

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
Vuze works? I thought it was a transcoder, and a horrible one at that?

If you want something that just works, buy MediaLink.

bcburrows

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Bristol
medialink

I have been using Nullrivers media link for some time.... seems quite good
I can access all my itunes and folders straight from the PS3 SMB

However PS3 is 802.11g which means streaming video can take a little time to get across... what I generally do is usb the stuff over - much quicker.

I have also used Vuze which works fine and is free.

Eyedn

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2009
Vuze works? I thought it was a transcoder, and a horrible one at that?

If you want something that just works, buy MediaLink.

Vuze makes a good transcoder...certainly for converting .avi files and putting them on iPhone.

resonanttoe

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2008
Rivet!!

I use it for my Xbox 360, and my girlfriend has it at her place for her PS3.

It does everything I want it to, though I wish it would pick up episode ID sorting rather than name.

mskorup8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2009
South Bend, IN
hmmm

I been using medialink and I burbed a couple of dvds using handbrake and i cant even watch them via streaming they stutter too much. I have a 1tb time capsule. Perhaps ATV is a better option for streaming?

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
I been using medialink and I burbed a couple of dvds using handbrake and i cant even watch them via streaming they stutter too much. I have a 1tb time capsule. Perhaps ATV is a better option for streaming?

How is your PS3 connected to your mac? Try to go wired if you can, you can use medialink to copy the file to the PS3's hard drive (triangle to bring up menu -> copy).

Chris Bangle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
UK
Vuze is epic!, So easy to do, I'm useless when it comes to something slightly complicated, such as Streaming hahaha, But it took about 30 seconds for me to set up streaming between my macbook and PS3!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.