Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luigi8855

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2009
while installing window 7 in mac pro I get this blue screen:
"A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER.
ATTEMPT TO RESET THE DISPLAY DRIVER AND RECOVER FROM TIMEOUT FAILED.
CHECK TO MAKE SURE ANY NEW HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE IS PROPERLY INSTALLED.
IF THIS IS A NEW INSTALLATION, ASK YOUR HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MANUFACTURER FOR ANY WINDOWS UPDATED YOU MIGHT NEED.
IF PROBLEM CONTINUE, DISABLE OR REMOVE ANY NEWLY INSTALLED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE. DISABLE BIOS MEMORY OPTIONS SUCH AS CACHING OR SHADOWING.
IF YOU NEED TO USE SAFE MODE TO REMOVE OR DISABLE COMPONENTS, RESTART YOOUR COMPUTER, PRESS F8 TO SELECT ADVANCED STARTUP OPTIONS. AND THEN SELECT SAFE MODE.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
*** STOP: QXQQQQQ116 (QX85C9Q51Q,QXQQQQQQQ,QXQQQQQQQ2)
*** MVLDDMHM,SYS_ADDRESS 8QC156FQ BASE AT AQCQ7QQQ,QATA5TAMP
49A74B9F
COLLECTING DATA FOR CRASH DUMP ....
initialazing disk for crash dump...
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Dumping physical memory to disk: 65
In some portions I am not sure because it shows for 1 or 2 seconds and a toke a picture that came out blurry I hope someone can help me
I have version 10.5.7 OSX
PROCESSOR 2X3 GHZ DUAL-CORE INTEL XEON
MEMORY 7GB 667 MHZ
MODEL MAC PRO 1,1

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Are you using MS's official download?

This is just a guess based on some quick googling but maybe it's a RAM error. Try running a memory test first.

luigi8855

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2009
Yes My Boot Camp Is Working Fine
I Have Done The Partition Without A Problem I LEFT 32 GB FOR THE WINDOWS PARTITION, I UNINSTALLED WINDOWS XP (THAT WAS WORKING FINE) TO CREATE ROOM FOR W7
I'M THINKING I BOUGHT THIS MAC WITH TIGER INSTALLED SO I UPDATED ABOUT A YEAR AGO TO LEOPARD, LAST WEEK I UPDATED THE ILIFE 09, AND INSTALL IWORK 09. AND UPGRADE TO 10.5.7 OSX, I HAVE MOBILE ME ACCOUNT, MAC IS WORKING AS ALWAYS SO SMOOTH BUT I CAN'T THING IN ANY FIX...
THIS IS VERY CONFUSING.......

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Yes My Boot Camp Is Working Fine
I Have Done The Partition Without A Problem
Sometimes installs get stuffed up. It happens with Windows and the Mac OS.

I would try this:
1. Remove the BootCamp partition.
2. Run Disk Utilities from CD or external and repair permissions and repair the HD
3. Run BootCamp again.
4. Try installing Windows 7 from an install CD.

luigi8855

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2009

I repair permissions and I repair the HD but I still have the same problem
but thanks

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#

I repair permissions and I repair the HD but I still have the same problem
but thanks
Just to verify, did you complete each step (1-4) above?

To clarify, step 1 means to use BootCamp to restore the HD into one Mac HFS+ partition.

And step 3 means to use BootCamp to recreate the Windows partition.

runebinder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
Nottingham, UK
Ok, looking at the stop code (0 not Q BTW), 0x00000116 refers to display driver issue, in particular Nvidia.

It's possible there is a corruption in the Win 7 iso you have, I'd follow sushi's steps to the letter, if still not working then re-download 7 in case there' something wrong with the one you downloaded.

luigi8855

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2009
Just to verify, did you complete each step (1-4) above?

To clarify, step 1 means to use BootCamp to restore the HD into one Mac HFS+ partition.

And step 3 means to use BootCamp to recreate the Windows partition.
WHAT I DID WAS TO RESTORE THE HD TO A SINGLE HD
I RUN DISK UTILITY I REPAIR PERMISSIONS AND I DID NOT HAVE THE OPTION TO REPAIR THE HD BUT I WAS TOLD THE HD WAS OK (after verify disk)
I DID THE PARTITION AGAIN (32G)
I INSTALLED W7 FROM DISK THAT I DOWNLOAD FROM M7 AND I BURNED USING DISK UTILITY. AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG?
I BURN ABOUT FOUR DISK 3 WITH A PC AND ONE WITH MY MAC.
AND I HAVE THE KEY OF ALL OF THEM.
THANKS SUSHI FOR HELPING ME

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
WHAT I DID WAS TO RESTORE THE HD TO A SINGLE HD
I RUN DISK UTILITY I REPAIR PERMISSIONS AND I DID NOT HAVE THE OPTION TO REPAIR THE HD BUT I WAS TOLD THE HD WAS OK (after verify disk)
I DID THE PARTITION AGAIN (32G)
I INSTALLED W7 FROM DISK THAT I DOWNLOAD FROM M7 AND I BURNED USING DISK UTILITY. AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG?
I BURN ABOUT FOUR DISK 3 WITH A PC AND ONE WITH MY MAC.
AND I HAVE THE KEY OF ALL OF THEM.
THANKS SUSHI FOR HELPING ME
For future reference, you can repair the HD via the Mac OS install CD.

1. Boot with the Mac OS Install CD. You can do this by holding down the ALT key while booting, then select the CD when given a chance.

2. Select Disk Utility from the Menu. You will be able to do this before you get to the part to install the Mac OS.

You should be able to to burn the ISO image using Disk Utility. Since the image is not working, you might try downloading the Windows 7 image again. Maybe something was corrupted during download.

This happened to me once with Windows XP. This is weird. But it would not install. I think that I was using a 20GB partition if memory serves. I tried numerous times. Each time was a failure. I would restore to one image using BootCamp, fix permissions, repair the HD, then repartition using BootCamp. Finally, I tried a different partition size (I think 12GB) and it worked. Probably a simple coincidence. But that was the only change and it worked. Who knows? Maybe try a different size than the default BootCamp partition of 32GB.

P.S. I know that it is frustrating to you right now. I can empathize with you. But typing in ALL CAPS is like SHOUTING. Please use regular type in the future as it makes your post(s) easier to read.

luigi8855

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2009
For future reference, you can repair the HD via the Mac OS install CD.

1. Boot with the Mac OS Install CD. You can do this by holding down the ALT key while booting, then select the CD when given a chance.

2. Select Disk Utility from the Menu. You will be able to do this before you get to the part to install the Mac OS.

You should be able to to burn the ISO image using Disk Utility. Since the image is not working, you might try downloading the Windows 7 image again. Maybe something was corrupted during download.

This happened to me once with Windows XP. This is weird. But it would not install. I think that I was using a 20GB partition if memory serves. I tried numerous times. Each time was a failure. I would restore to one image using BootCamp, fix permissions, repair the HD, then repartition using BootCamp. Finally, I tried a different partition size (I think 12GB) and it worked. Probably a simple coincidence. But that was the only change and it worked. Who knows? Maybe try a different size than the default BootCamp partition of 32GB.

P.S. I know that it is frustrating to you right now. I can empathize with you. But typing in ALL CAPS is like SHOUTING. Please use regular type in the future as it makes your post(s) easier to read.

I did another copy of W7 with disk utility and reduce the size of boot camp to 22 gb. still I have the same problem but like you said I will keep trying .
Thanks again sushi

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
I did another copy of W7 with disk utility and reduce the size of boot camp to 22 gb. still I have the same problem but like you said I will keep trying .
Thanks again sushi
Appreciate the update.

Here's one more that you might try. Use CCC to clone your Mac HD to an external. Make sure that you can boot from the external.

Then secure erase the Mac HD. Partition the HD as GUID. Do a clean install of the Mac OS. Then partition the HD using BootCamp and attempt to install Windows 7.

If it works, then use CCC to clone back your external HD to the internal.

The reason for this idea is that BootCamp may have done something to the HD (MBR / PBR) that is causing this installation error.

Yes, I am clutching for straws. :)

Maybe someone else can chime in and help out. flyaway.gif

luigi8855

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2009
Appreciate the update.

Here's one more that you might try. Use CCC to clone your Mac HD to an external. Make sure that you can boot from the external.

Then secure erase the Mac HD. Partition the HD as GUID. Do a clean install of the Mac OS. Then partition the HD using BootCamp and attempt to install Windows 7.

If it works, then use CCC to clone back your external HD to the internal.

The reason for this idea is that BootCamp may have done something to the HD (MBR / PBR) that is causing this installation error.

Yes, I am clutching for straws. :)

Maybe someone else can chime in and help out. View attachment 171482
Hi Sushi:
This week I bought a new 1 T hard drive and I try to install W7 I did the partition in I disk, and I went to Boot Camp to do the installation, I left 125 g for W7 and it didn't work, I reduce the partition in BC to 60 G and again, no installation. I have 750 g in an external hard drive for time machine.
And I have 2x250 g hard drives. But I would like to install W7 in the new IT.
Thanks sushi again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.