Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beneventi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
Italy
Hello, can anyone explain me how to perform a simple "right click + drag" operation under BootCamp on a new glass trackpad of a unibody MacBook?

Regards

Alessandro

Hurben

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2009
Hello, can anyone explain me how to perform a simple "right click + drag" operation under BootCamp on a new glass trackpad of a unibody MacBook?

Regards

Alessandro

I was trying to figure this out under OSX, it seems the only way to do it is to assign the secondary click to the bottom corner and press the trackpad down in the corner and scroll.

Is that how you do it in OSX? Does that method not translate into Windows? Perhaps you are better using a mouse..

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
It is possible to do this, but it takes practice.

Select item, place second finger on trackpad, click with thumb, drag with first two fingers (keep button pressed with thumb while dragging). On thumb release you'll get the right-click drag popup. A bit tricky? Absolutely.

I can make this work about eight times out of ten.

Like everyone else said, a mouse is much easier.

dementum

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2011
I was trying to figure this out under OSX, it seems the only way to do it is to assign the secondary click to the bottom corner and press the trackpad down in the corner and scroll.

Is that how you do it in OSX? Does that method not translate into Windows? Perhaps you are better using a mouse..

My step brother can tap with two fingers(not click) and it will hold and drag till he releases, to which he can use other gestures/clicks. I have my settings the same as his but i have to click down and hold it and try to swipe while holding? is there something i'm missing there?

*yes i know this thread is old*

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
Why would you need to right click + drag?
For example, in the Windows Explorer, when you right click and drag a file, after releasing the mouse button, Explorer asks you if you want to move or copy the file or if you want to create a shortcut to it. Very convenient, sometimes.

dementum

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2011
Same drivers and Trackpad hardware?

B

Yes I believe so, only difference is mine is the 13" mbp and his is the 15"(I don't think that should make a difference)

I tried verifying/repairing disk permissions and that didn't help either

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.