Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
HD TV shows (latest seasons of BSG, Lost, Prison Break, 24, etc.) are now available to download and watch on your computer. Hopefully movies will follow soon!

Not cheap, though! $60–$70ish per season.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Not cheap but it's a start.

Finally Lost :) ... Wait what? Only season 5 :(

Actually, it's cheaper than the US. While we don't have the option of buying the Standard Def shows @ $1.99 we get the HD shows at CAD$2.45. The US HD shows are US$2.99 which works out to CAD$3.40ish. Canada's HD shows are cheaper by almost a dollar. :)

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
You people are lucky! I still haven't bought the current season of 24 yet because it's so expensive. I will very soon though. They did lower the price of the season at the beginning of the seaon. I think it was like $69 back then, now it's $59.

ClassicBean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Torontoland
I think the more interesting story here is the addition of US studios. NBC Universal, Fox Studio Classic, ABC Studios, etc.

Pretty much all the American network shows are on here now. Or at least the good ones worth watching.

In other words, 30 Rock.

Doodledoo

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
Actually, it's cheaper than the US. While we don't have the option of buying the Standard Def shows @ $1.99 we get the HD shows at CAD$2.45. The US HD shows are US$2.99 which works out to CAD$3.40ish. Canada's HD shows are cheaper by almost a dollar. :)

Actually, that's for the standard-def shows. HD shows are $3.49. It ain't cheaper, it's a tad more expensive.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I'm looking at Grey's Anatomy in HD - $2.49 per episode
The Office in HD - $2.49 per episode

SD shows available previously from the Canadian broadcasters: $1.99 per episode.

It seems that the story here is that that the American networks are offering their shows exclusively in HD. I haven't found any $3.49 shows.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I think the more interesting story here is the addition of US studios. NBC Universal, Fox Studio Classic, ABC Studios, etc.

Pretty much all the American network shows are on here now. Or at least the good ones worth watching.

In other words, 30 Rock.

That's what I think too. I reported it here: Major TV Networks Now Available in iTunes Canada the day they became available.

It seems that the HD story got more traction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.